TCotM: Tenebrynn's Idylls

Erekose13

Explorer
"You make a good point Laynie. If this is the best possible future and we choose to ignore the Crux in the end and not destroy it to make it to this future, then perhaps it was the right decision in the end. The divination certainly did hold that clause in it. Why had we choosen destruction in the first place? When I dissappeared we didn't know anything about it yet. I thought to destroy it to prevent Sin from getting access to it, but didn't know how yet."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You probably had some capacity to destroy it. I don't have photographic memory, but I think I recall several adamantine weapons amongst you. SDince adamantine ignores an item's hardness, then the Crux could be easily shattered--it is very very hard but also very brittle if you pass that hardness due to the fact that it is actually a quantum-locked crystal made of condensed time "

Velmont

First Post
"Can we ask one last question?" asks Rinaldo to Rayne. "Will resigning on destroying the Crux will bring us back to our former time?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
7. 'Likely'

"You could always just test that out by actually deciding not to destroy the Crux. Not all of you even need to make that decision, mind. As long as one of you is completely convinced that the Crux should not be destroyed, that should work as far as a test of that theory goes."

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo fell silent for a moment. "That mean if we can't destroy the Crux, we will need to figth Sin. But we can use this time travel to our advantage. We all kept our memory when coming here. Ashnar, Tenebrynn, prepare some spells to fight Sin. She will have taken over many of her good spell, but she is a powerfull wizard and will still have some ressources. Find out about these items as we might use them against her. For me, I'll do what I do best, buy time for Rayne, Laynie and Hogarth who have stayed behind."

Rinaldo pick up a paper and write down for a few minutes. The letter is written to Rinaldo by Rinaldo and relate dthe events of the lasts days. "Hogarth, gives that to me if it works, my present self will need to know the promise I made for him. I hope he will not be too frustrated I have given his word to Valeria." Rinaldo takes a deep breath. "And also, pray Gundar and thanks him for the answers. And I might not be all convinced that keeping the Crux is the best idea, but if I'm wrong, Vanitri, ashnar or Tenebrynn can do what is right. For me, I swear in front of Gundar that I won't try to destroy the Crux personally, nor try to persuade someone to do it for me, unless Gundar himself release me from my word."

And after having given his words to Gundar, Rinaldo close his eyes and await a moment to see what will happen.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I think it might be easiest for me to try it out because I was not party to the decision to destroy it in the first place." says Tenebrynn.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Rinaldo's verbal oath has no effect at all, but assuming that he truly and legitimately believes to the very fibre of his being that he is never going to destroy the Crux, the following occurs:*

*Suddenly, Rinaldo's eyes shoot open.*

"I'm back. I knew this is where and when I would return. I wonder if..."

"Please don't say anything right now, especially as it pertains to how the others made it back, or else it might cause a paradox loop or even shift us into an alternate reality if the second iteration is not identical to the first. Particularly, you can't tell us how the others returned--whether one of them decided to break their future here in order to destroy the Crux or not, or else they will have to do what you say."

*Rinaldo smiles, as if he might have known she was going to say something like that.*

(OOC: Rinaldo can report back to the TCotM thread--I'll bump it if you don't.

Real quick, does anyone want to try to destroy their own future here in order to rip backwards and shatter the Crux. Ashna, if you are correct about your pillar, then your future is probably the only one that you could destroy without Laynie and others trying to stop you because it doesn't involve murdering innocent people who love you.)

Erekose13

Explorer
"Do you think we have time to prepare for the battle ahead? or are we wasting time while Rinaldo is back against Sin? My spells are prepared for contacting all of you and I am completely unprepared for a battle at the moment."

Remove ads