• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TCotM: Tenebrynn's Idylls

Knight Otu

First Post
"That's a good question to build up on, let's refine it. How about 'How can we return to our proper bodies near the Crux while returning the minds of these bodies to their proper place?'"

(What other divinations are potentially at our disposal?)

Velmont

First Post
"I suggest to keep the question a bit open. Hogarth will asks it to Gundar. After that, if we want precision, we could ask some Yes or No question with Commune or maybe Rayne will have a way to contact Gundar too as she did once in front of me. If she has her spell prepared."

OOC: Augury, Divination and Commune. With some luck, Rayne might have Contact with another Plane, she had one when Rinaldo come fetch Laynie.

Rystil Arden

First Post
After casting Divination:

'
The halls of time
The ebb and flow
Eternity
Beyond the ken
Nor mortal man
Nor gods below
Can see the threads
That flicker when
A meddlesome
Intelligence
Doth tamper with
Reality
If destruction
doth hold your sense
You'll only have
Felicity
To make escape
You must dissolve
The anchor that
Can bind you here
To win back past
Have great resolve
A shattered dream
That you hold dear
'

Erekose13

Explorer
"Alrighty then, thats quite a doozy that you've been sent Hogarth. Lets pull it apart.

The halls of time
The ebb and flow
Eternity
Beyond the ken
Nor mortal man
Nor gods below
Can see the threads
That flicker when

"I'm pretty sure this just speaks of time itself."

A meddlesome
Intelligence
Doth tamper with
Reality

"This points to our opponent or villain in our tale. Be it Sin or the Crux itself. An intelligence has tampered with reality."

If destruction
doth hold your sense
You'll only have
Felicity

"On this part I'm starting to loose the thread of the divination, but happiness seems to be the key."

To make escape
You must dissolve
The anchor that
Can bind you here
To win back past
Have great resolve
A shattered dream
That you hold dear

"And here we are presented with a solution, though destruction of someone or something we hold dear. Something anchors us here in this reality. Something we hold dear and that brings us great happiness."

At that Tenebrynn pales when he starts to think of what him might have hit upon. He stops unwilling for the moment to continue.

Velmont

First Post
"Ashnar acheivement as the Paragon of Fire, you are now head of the Library, a great diviner and have a lovely wife. I'm finally happy with my wife, Salvador have acheived his dream to become a wizard and I'm proud of it, I have acheived my dream of building my own merchant house and not become the pawn of one of the merchant house of my homeland... these things make us willing to stay there. It is a confort. That's so true." tells Rinaldo.

Rinaldo close his eyes a moment. "But there is two things that annoy me. First, I feel like I had been given all that. I havn't acheived it as I have no memory of it. I have been stolen the moment I've learn Salvador was accepted here, at the Chromatic Order, I don't know what are the first words of Carlos. I don't remember why I have accepted to become mayor of Orussus. I feel like I lives on a rented life. And knowing that Joe is dead have been an hard blow. Joe have made so much for me when I have a simple spice trader. Him and his Inn have given all the opportunity I needed to build that merchant house."

Rinaldo thinks a moment. "I need to go back to Orussus. I need to speak to Valeria. I've given my word to her, and I need to take it back. I told her my adventuring years was finished, but knowing that our past is in danger, that a dracolich is about to strike Orussus with his army, that Joe will pay with hsi life, and that we aren't there, what know what could happen. Tenebrynn, you are supposed to vanquish that creature by finding his phylactere, but if your mind never go back in the past, who will do this. Maybe someone else, maybe nobody. We have been brought to a possible futur, but a futur where we came back from. All this will happen at the condition we go back."

"Let's go back to Orussus, then let's go back to the tower. Be there or not, it is there all have started, and only the Crux have the power to bring us back."

Knight Otu

First Post
"If there are 'anchors' for each of us, I have a suspicion what my 'anchor' could be, and it is the first object I saw. From what I heard, that doesn't hold true for you, though, right?"

Velmont

First Post
"The only thing I see keeping me here actually, it is the word I have given to Valeria. I need to explain it to her. I'll break her heart once more, but I just need to do it. I just don't want ot run away and hide something else from her."

Velmont

First Post
"Let's asks Gundar for teh anchors. If they are what we think, he will answer yes. We can either asks Rayne of Hogarth to cast there spell for that. We have many questions, but only answered by yes or no."

Remove ads