• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TCotM: Tenebrynn's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Are you going to talk to the NPCs? If not, my hands are tied here until you proceed. If so and you want a Contact Other Plane / Commune, how much are you telling them and what questions will you ask?)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I think that if we have cast Divination, Hogarth know at least the divination itself. Now, we can suppose we are talking again alone (which mean Hogarth is back with the other NPC and might be telling the divination as we speak) or Hogarth is still with us and hear all we are telling.

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: in my mind, Hogarth is one of the PCs even though he really is an npc. I've always just assumed that he was standing around chatting with the 4 of us. Its up to Rinaldo though. Is it within Hogarth's ability to cast Contact Other Plane or Commune?

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: I'd trust Rayne with it more anyway, or at least Vanitri would. I'll be traveling tomorow though next week, so you might not see much of me. NPC as needed.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: since no one has confirmed whether Hogarth is standing around with the PCs or not, Tenebrynn is going to start working on the questions for one or the other spell. he'd prefer Commune, but thats not a call he'd make.)

"Alright lets see. Given that the divination is of course rather obscure in its direction, perhaps we should commune with an otherworldly power. I believe either Hogarth or Rayne would be able to help us. What we need then is several yes or no questions. Do we need to start by confirming our suspicions of where we are now? I'd like to get the ball rolling with a few:

1. Is Tenebrynn's anchor that is holding him in this timeline or place, Kiara?
2. Is Ashnar's anchor that is holding him in this timeline or place, <insert here>?
3. Rinaldo
4. Vanitri
5. Hogarth?
6. Will destroying these anchors return us to our proper timeline/location?

I believe that we can have up to 5-9 questions or so." finishes Tenebrynn.

Velmont

First Post
"Hogarth have all his memories, if he touch the Crux, he has not been sent into our timeline." explains Rinaldo. "And for me, I have many anchors. My wife, my family, my trade house, my position in Orussus.... it could be anything. But I think for now, it would most likely be Valeria, and the word I have given her. It will be hard but I'll have to speak with her.

And Rayne can asks at least 6 quetsions, as it is the numbe rof questions she asked when she try to understand the divination Hogarth made in the tower."

[SBLOCK=OOC]1. Is Tenebrynn's anchor that is holding him in this timeline or place, Kiara?
2. Is Ashnar's anchor that is holding him in this timeline or place, <insert here>?
3. Is Rinaldo anchor that is holding him in this timeline or place, his promise to his wife?
4. Is Rinaldo anchor that is holding him in this timeline or place, his trade house and his position as Mayor?
5. Vanitri?
6. Will destroying these anchors return us to our proper timeline/location?[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
"Ok, it is not clear as water, but I think it is that. We are in the best possible futur, as Laynie has told, which mean we have what we have worked for. Are you ready to leave that all behind, put it in gamble as we don't know if we will be able to stay in that timeline, and all that to make sure that Sin don't win, that we put an end to the Crux treat, and also fight a lichwyrm that endanger our futur?

Personally, I am, and even worst, I'll try to save Joe, which mean if I will be successfull, we won't end in this futur. I'll take that chance, and who knows, maybe the futur we will build will be even better than that one, as it is not clear the ones who return from teh Crux have really been here at our place."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Laynie, who has been spotting Rayne for the Contact Other Plane, shakes her head emphatically.*

"Nuh uh. I don't think so. Your Divination seemed to give two ways out--smashing these pillars or else making it so destruction no longer 'holds your sense'. That seems to me to mean that if you just resolve once and for all not to destroy the Crux when you return, then maybe you'll go back. Why can't you pick that way? Are you really that selfish that you would destroy this reality and your lives here to regain the past? I mean, I've seen people who were willing to screw over nameless faceless hypothetical people they never met, but we're talking about yourselves and the people you love here!"

Remove ads