TCotM: Tenebrynn's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oops, I answered the opposite question--rather the above answer should be 'Likely' (and I changed it), indicating that destroying the Crux actually probably would be 'safe' in the 'not destroy the universe' sense, but there is a small chance that it would be highly disastrous) )

Bront

The man with the probe
5. Is Vanitri's Anchor to this world at the Accademy right now?
?. Can the connection be destroyed without destroying what anchors Vanitri?

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
(The object Ashna meant was the throne of the Paragon, by the way, since it probably needs to be clarified for the spell.)
Ashna chuckles a bit. "Very well. The only reasons to destroy the Crux now would be if we were being deceived here, or if certain events do not pan out as they did here. I do not see either of that as a real possibility at this point. There is one last thing I'm curious about regarding the lichwyrm, but I do not expect an answer to that."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yes, I knew it was the Throne--that's why you got an answer before clarifying ;)

Also, no deception in this, but on the other hand, I will point out that Ashna knows that for this future to exist, it doesn't mean the Crux is harmless--it just means that there is some probability (which may be only 1%) that the Crux won't blow up the world, etc (since even with a 1% probability, the Crux can send you to the future where the 1% happened).

There are two very different endings for this adventure (and while I can't blow up the world, it is possible that I can make unpleasant things happen :]) and I think Ashna is the key to choosing between those--even if Vanitri or Tenebrynn tried to go on a killing spree, at this point I don't think Laynie would let them get very far. So if you make a decisive choice, we can probably cut to the Crux-destroyed ending or the Crux-not-destroyed ending (both of which have a little bit of unfinished business that I sometimes forget about) )

Knight Otu

First Post
(I knew that you knew, but to ask the question, the others also needed to know. :p)
[sblock=Rystil]Maybe not what you are meaning, but I had the suspicion that the Paragon of Flame might be the meddler of the divination rather than Sin or the Crux. I'm not sure how much that affects things or how much of it came through in my posting (or lack thereof :eek:), but Ashna isn't really interested in having this particular future come to pass - the plan of the Paragon, while she can't argue with success, strikes her too much as something akin to usurpation. Given the situations, she is ok with not destroying the Crux for now (believing that Rinaldo's find is good enough if it needs destroyed later).
She may have to reevaluate her priorities due to this, though. People have said that Ashnar hasn't really acted evil, and I conceeded that it isn't out of question that Ashna moved closer towards lawful neutral. The aftermath of this adventure may provide a prod to forsake some of her more orderly tendences, though. That would mean a move towards neutral evil (though not necessarily a full alignment shift), and more accepting of the Paragon's plans.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=KO2]In order to get back in time without blowing up the throne, you have to actually forever renounce any desire to destroy the Crux. Of course, you can blow up the throne and then just leave destroying the Crux as an option for later.[/SBLOCK]

Knight Otu

First Post
[sblock=Rystil]"Desire" doesn't really enter Ashna's mind, here, just "Need". ;)
The big question is, of course, does this renouncement extend to telling others that the Crux may need to be destroyed. If it does (as it seems likely, otherwise she'd "snap back" now), Ashna will need to figure out if she can destroy the throne. She probably can, but she simply believes it is simpler to not to start this path than to destroy it now.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=KO2]Yes--she has to truly believe that the Crux must never under any circumstances be destroyed. On the other hand, based on the notes she read, it should be fairly simple to reverse engineer a ritual to destroy the throne[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Remove ads