Ted's Cave

WayneLigon

Adventurer
And not only is it a cool story, there are all these bits of 'cave lore' to use both in D&D and a modern game :) Any easily-packaged tidbits of knowledge like that goes a long way towards giving people a sense of 'you are there'.

Great story, but it did reveal one thing about myself that is probably very disturbing...
As I was reading what happened to them, I wanted more and more to go to that cave and confront whatever they had run into. Find out for myself what was happening, and then, if it was evil, put it to rest. As it is, I'm considering writing a sequal to it, where a group of amateur cavers find the cave and investigate.
Either way, I think it says quite a bit about myself that I'd willingly put myself in that position, against an unknown being in the depths of the earth, perhaps battling against the fates to simply survive.

"What had begun as a case of morbid curiosity has turned, inevitably, into something more. We have found something lying in the deepest bowels of the earth, something that we cannot risk running loose on humanity. And so we return, to the place known as the Mysterious Cave, to end the evil once and for all... or die trying..."

And so, it begins...
Magius out.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
All i need is my boomstick and i'll take care of whatever deadite lurks in that blasted cave.

(id rather not read ALL those pages, can someone type up a summary?)

Benben

First Post
WayneLigon said:
And not only is it a cool story, there are all these bits of 'cave lore' to use both in D&D and a modern game :) Any easily-packaged tidbits of knowledge like that goes a long way towards giving people a sense of 'you are there'.
Heh. I'm going to be stealing a lot of this when my players interact with a small Derro community. The runes, the cramped passage-ways, and the rolling rock are all going to be used. Now I just need to track down a really good scream...

Wraith Form

Explorer
Ashy said:
It is almost as good as the "Black Eyed Children" and the "Door Thumper" from another thread in the EN World recent past...
Say, could you post links to these threads? I'd like to read them..!

Ugghh, I'm more claustrophobic than I thought....reading about certain "tight squeezes" literally made my skin crawl. (In a manly, oily-chested-Jim-Kirk kinda way.)

Ashy

First Post
Wraith Form said:
Say, could you post links to these threads? I'd like to read them..!

Ugghh, I'm more claustrophobic than I thought....reading about certain "tight squeezes" literally made my skin crawl. (In a manly, oily-chested-Jim-Kirk kinda way.)

Sure - I'll see if I can did them up - it is a massive thread to peruse - and lots of it is scary!!! :)

Wraith Form

Explorer
Ashy said:
Sure - I'll see if I can did them up - it is a massive thread to peruse - and lots of it is scary!!! :)
Just tell me approx. where and I can "did" (lol) for myself...no reason for you to go through all that trouble.

Ashy

First Post
Hurh? It is somewhere in general - if that's what you are asking - I've already looked over about 20 pages... :p

Make that 60 - and still no dice... I'll look more later - time for some grub. :p

Last edited:

Remove ads