Ted's Cave

Ashy

First Post
Very nicely done - this gripped me like nothing has in a LONG time.... It is almost as good as the "Black Eyed Children" and the "Door Thumper" from another thread in the EN World recent past...

The ending was a bit forced and predictable, but the elements of realism inserted throughout the piece were perfect. As a caver myself, I got chills many times reading this - you DO hear things like this and you DO think these things when you are in the deep places of the earth...

Very nice indeed - thanks for the link! :)

I need to do some research on the Hodag.... :D

Edit: the Hodag is "real" at least...but it is not a cave monster. :p
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q="Hodag"
http://www.wildwisconsin.com/hodag.html

Last edited:

LightPhoenix

First Post
Very creepy, although a lot of it was reasonably campy. I definitely liked the ending as well. Though I must say I found myself wanting for more - whoever wrote it had a pretty good style going on.

The one thing that did bother me was
the picture of his hand through the wall. The logistics of getting that picture are impossible.

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
dave_o said:
Wow -- that's way creepy.

Is it a confirmed work of fiction, or what? Will there be an update? Who did this? WHY?! WHAT IS THAT HIROGLYPH?!

WHAT DID I JUST HEAR?!

*gibber*

Dave O, what's the status on the DOOR THUMPER????? :D Now *THAT* is some scary stuff!!! :D

SpringPlum

First Post
Good heavens! I'm gonna have a nightmare. My memories of a family trip to Carlsbad Caverns is a little tainted now :) I was claustrophobic before... <br><br>That was pretty good although the blank negatives was a tad too stereotypical.

MythosaAkira

Explorer
Ray Silver said:
Is anyone else not able to get beyond page 11? Or is that the end of the story?

(and two years later his footage was found...)

I'm assuming that's the end of the story, since page 10 was the "We're going back in..." thing.

Of course, he must never have returned... :)

Macbeth

First Post
Ray Silver said:
Is anyone else not able to get beyond page 11? Or is that the end of the story?

(and two years later his footage was found...)
AHHHH! I HAVE TO KNOW IS THERE MORE? WHAT IS THAT KNOCKING AT THE DOOR? Be back in a minute...

*Bloody hand crahses across keyboard*
vcdsgyU]DW9-B hEE
ehlp

Remove ads