• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

telekinesis

Luigiana

First Post
I just read about telekinesis "Thrust"
I have two questions
1: You can hurl one object or creature per caster level (maximum 15) that are within range and all within 10 feet of each other toward any target within 10 feet per level of all the objects. i dont understand that. . "you can hurl 1 creature per CL that are withing range.. but it also says "And all within 10 fet of each other" what do they mean by that?

2: I doesnt say anywhere how FAR you can hurl them.. so how far can you hurl your target?

kitcik

Adventurer
All the objects you want to hurl must be both (1) within range and (2) within 10' of each other.

You can hurl them "toward any target within 10' per level of all the objects."

So, the target must be within 10' per level of the hurled object it is farthest from.

Luigiana

First Post
All the objects you want to hurl must be both (1) within range and (2) within 10' of each other.

You can hurl them "toward any target within 10' per level of all the objects."

So, the target must be within 10' per level of the hurled object it is farthest from.
so you cant hurl them vertically up into the air?

kitcik

Adventurer
so you cant hurl them vertically up into the air?

Nowhere does it limit the direction the target must be in. The target could be the ceiling or a flying creature. I think you do need a creature or object as the target and not just a space in the air, but I am not sure on that.

kitcik

Adventurer
I know you can do that for missile weapons (like large ones or splash weapons), but I am unsure about spells which specify "creature or object" as the target...

Empirate

First Post
There are rules for targeting spaces, but other than most spaces have an ac of 15 i'm not real clear on them.

AC 5, actually. Relevant rules quotation:

SRD said:
Throw Splash Weapon

A splash weapon is a ranged weapon that breaks on impact, splashing or scattering its contents over its target and nearby creatures or objects. To attack with a splash weapon, make a ranged touch attack against the target. Splash weapons require no weapon proficiency, so you don’t take the -4 nonproficiency penalty. A hit deals direct hit damage to the target, and splash damage to all creatures within 5 feet of the target.
You can instead target a specific grid intersection. Treat this as a ranged attack against AC 5. However, if you target a grid intersection, creatures in all adjacent squares are dealt the splash damage, and the direct hit damage is not dealt to any creature. (You can’t target a grid intersection occupied by a creature, such as a Large or larger creature; in this case, you’re aiming at the creature.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads