Telepathy/Mind Reading

Nevine

First Post
If ther character has protection (such as Mind Blank), the only thing you can do is put an OOC note in your description, PM them when they read your characters mind or in a perfect world (as Davon said) they'd PM you.

F

Fenmarel

Nevine are you just sitting there refreshing the screen? I just posted and you already answered lol

Not that I mind and yes but alot of folks won't interact with characters that have anything relating to game facts or protections unless they are all huggy with the player of that character to begin with so I tend to not put things like that in the descriptions.

Jason

*comes back to eliminate a typo'ri with exteme predjudice and blames it on LS*

Nevine

First Post
Nevine are you just sitting there refreshing the screen? I just posted and you already answered lol

No..I was just checking new posts and saw your reply. Or maybe I was refreshing the screen..mmm...insomnia.

Not that I mind and yes but alot of folks won't interact with characters that have anything relating to game facts or protections unless they are all huggy with the player of that character to begin with so I tend to not put things like that in the descriptions.

Yeah, most people frown upon any sort of game statistics in descriptions. I usually only mind item stats and the like, I can handle (and understand) a note to mindreaders.

L

Ladyshade

Oh! Oh! oh!

((OOC: LS has some sort of protection from psionc and ESP type spells, though it may not always be up. Before "reading" her thoughts PM and ask if it is. When a person attempts to do so they feel as though something separate from her suddenly pays attention to them.))

The above is my usual disclaimer that is in every description I have for LS. I really do hate having anything in the OOC context messing up the main screen when people /look at her but it's just about the only way that seems to have a chance of working. Even with this not everyone seems to want to go along with it. That said, I do get 'some' PM's asking if they can hear her thought. Someimes they can too.

AHem....and by the way I am not to blame for the little demons...um...blame Nevine. He was lieing in wait after all. :rolleyes:

F

Fenmarel

Insomnia.....hehe or extreme boredom?

I don't particularly care for most game stats though if my character is fixing to engage another character in combat that is refreshing when I do see someone with their ability scores and such because you can tell how your character will be able to react to them in combat. IE:they are twice as strong as your character, alot faster....then you can incorporate that in the rp.

Jason

F

Fenmarel

Oh another one from LS! *does the I am not worthy bowing*

I know I ask before doing it ;) but then again I fear you so maybe that has something to do with it? :D

Jason

F

Fenmarel

you don't want to read my mind........a head shrinker tried to get inside it and he is in a mental institution now......*grins all evilly* but I am much better now!

Jason

Remove ads