Telepathy/Mind Reading

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Hmm, the games rulings have been covered very well, but I thought I would add a note of my own:

Even the mighty Wish spell allows a save when used this way.

Of course, the odds of a Wish being used like that normally are slim to none, but around the ISRP, you never know.

J

JacksonTT

Oh, the wish spell... The most *commonly* used spell in the chat room, if I've ever seen one. Personally, while I agree with most of the points brought up, you can go ahead and read my characters' thoughts when I post them, but be ready to deal with their reactions. Jax, for one, finds it *rediculous* when someone chastises him for something he thought. Funny thing is, I like it when people say they have a constant ESP up, or some kind of constant mind reading thing. 'Cause think of how insanely noisy it'd be if you tried to listen to every single thought of every single person in the room. I've seen this particular ability well-played before; the character in question actually *avoids* public places and large gatherings of people because of the noise/sanity issues. I can see the point someone made about different levels of reality. But consider this: there's a huge difference between reality and believability. I think this is the underlying issue for why I do any of my serious (hah.) gaming either offsite or table-top.

M

malicki_silverhair

In the palladium Telepathy lets you read surface thoughts without a saving throw unless the target rtealizes what is going on and the is allowed the standard saving throw of 10 for master psionics 12 for minor and 15 for non-psionics.

Andion Isurand

First Post
when someone tries to read my thoughts without a save...
I usually react like this.....

andion_isurand . o O ( <closed> it seems someone is attempting to read my thoughtsor obtain information from my mind... oh well, let them try in vain, they will learn before long )

and if they persist to act in an incorrect manner, I respond to it by saying something along these lines.....

andion_isurand understands that ******'s latest thoughts, comments and/or actions do not and never did exist, seeing as how they would require information that they do not and never did possess. Simply put, none of those things ever occured and the scene continues along in a manner consitant with that valid assertion.

this has worked a few times

F

Fenmarel

Malicki,

I will take your word for it since I don't play any of Palladium"s rpg's because of personal tastes and interests. Thank you for that bit of info though but seeing that all my characters are DnD based that is the system I use for interactions.

Jason

S

Ssussunriyh

As has been indicated by others, I don't post my character's thoughts to the screen unless it is something that I don't mind being read. It's usually just superficial surface thoughts, anyway. When I'm playing one of my construct/droid characters, I never use the /think command, since their "thoughts" either cannot be read, or are incomprehensible to a telepath. (One reason why I like playing them! :D )

Remove ads