• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Teleport question and need a good 4th level cleric spell

Hi folks, two questions:

1. Can I take other persons with me via a teleport spell?

2. Which 4th level cleric spells can you recommend for a cleric of Pelor (Strength and Sun Domains)?

Thankee-Sai

shilsen

Adventurer
1. Yes, as long as they fall under the weight restriction for the spell (50 lbs/lvl - this does not include your own weight).

2. Domain spells are Spell Immunity and Fire Shield. I'd suggest the latter, but if you have some metamagic feats, an Extended Bull's Strength or Magic Vestment might work better. It all depends on the kind of character you're playing (presumably melee-oriented, considering the Strength domain). As for non-domain spells, some of the good 4th lvl combat ones are Greater Magic Weapon, Divine Power, and Poison. For ones to get creative with, consider Air Walk and Sending.

Magus_Jerel

First Post
Death ward is nice for stopping those "save or die" problems that start cropping up in the next few levels. If you know EXACTLY what that bad guy is going to throw - spell immunity is nice as well.

Dimensional anchor and dismissal are nice for dealing with pesky evil outsiders.

Divination is ok - depending on how your GM handles such spells.

Freedom of Movement = essential if you are getting into "non standard situations... like going under the water.

Restoration is good for dealing with level drain issues.

Tounges is a great role playing spell - if you need it.

You CAN teleport someone else with your person - with the provision that they (and your equipment) fall under the weight restriction.

Victim

First Post
I like Spell Immunity as a domain spell. It has a good duration, so you can cast it before combat is expected. My standard immunities are, in order: Enervation, Magic Missile, and Lightning bolt. I haven't needed to pick 4th one yet. All 3 are fairly common and powerful spells. Magic Missile has no save, and does damage through any protection spells you have up. Also, Hasted sorcerer can usually cast enough of them to kill most characters of their level, so it's good to have a defense. Enveration also has no save, cripples your spellcasting and other abilities, and can kill you with no save and no healing magic in one or 2 lucky hits. If you have specific knowledge about your foe's abilities, spell immunity becomes more powerful.

If you can take enough weight, you can teleport others.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads