• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thanksgiving Weekend

BSF

Explorer
Hey folks,
I know some of you are unavailable for Thanksgiving weekend gaming. But for everyone else, would you have any interest in finally trying out Feng Shui? I only need about 4 people total, but more are welcome. Post if you are interested in a Friday, November 25 game of Feng Shui. We will go over all the mechanics you need to know. So, no experience necessary!

Fists.o.Fury

First Post
Sounds good to me! I've been wanting to check it out. After you had explained the mechanics a bit I'm certain there won't be a problem with learning it. Count me in!

BSF

Explorer
Cool. So far, that makes two people. Melinda may, or may not, play as well.

I will probably send out some email explaining the basics of the environment and mechanics. Probably even suggest some inspirational material if folks are interested.

Last edited:

Kultar

First Post
depending on my work schedual i may or may not be able to be there until late so I wont know until when im let go from work for that night. I would love to try it out so send me any info and I will draw up a character and hopefully i wont be to late.

BSF

Explorer
I will be doing a pregen on all the characters. It isn't a huge process, but it assures I am familiar with each character's capabilities before the game starts. Since I have never played, this will be kinda important so I don't biff anything too much.

Meowzebub

First Post
Hell, I am always up for something new, but it will mean some explaining to Samantha, although I am hatching the idea that she might like to go for a one shot adventure. It has been a while for her, she had a bad experience with a bad dm a number of years ago. I will keep you posted.

BSF

Explorer
I figured you and Macbeth would be out. But if Samantha is interested that would be nifty. Does she enjoy Hong Kong action cinema? After all, that is exactly the genre Feng Shui is trying to emulate. :D

Meowzebub

First Post
She enjoys the more serious films: Crouching Tiger and Hero. She has seen a few mainstream Jackie Chan films. She loves the Mummy films if you can consider that in the same campy feel as some of the Hong Kong stuff. But she has not been exposed to too much over the top stuff. Like I said, she might not be up for it, just thought I might give her the option for a one shot. With school wrapping up it might stike her fancy or more than likely she will say "Thats nice dear, I am sure you find it interesting." :\

BSF

Explorer
Would it help to point out that this is not D&D and there really isn't much in the way of accounting to worry about?

Seriously, you need to be able to handle basic addition & subtraction as far as mechanics go. For other things, you need to be able to come up with creative ways to describe what you are attempting to do. Getting into character a little makes it more fun, but isn't strictly required.

Remove ads