That creepy kid from twilight zone.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
In the original short story, the doctor who delivered him saw what he was instantly, and tried to kill him. "Tried" being the operative word.

Do you happen to remember the name & author of said short story?

Clangador

First Post
Basically, he's like a lesser god of one particular spell...but still young.

FWIW, in the 1980s version of the series, Mumy reprised his role in an episode in which he as an adult met another child with the same abilities.

That was his daughter, and she could create and destroy. At the end of the episode, she recreates the world for them.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
That was his daughter, and she could create and destroy. At the end of the episode, she recreates the world for them.
Not necessarily destroy and create. The father sent them somewhere. The daughter was questioning him about where he was sending them. He didn't know, or he lied to her about it. She brought them back.

So either they were simply sent to another place and she learned how to bring them back, or she really did learn how to recreate even things that hadn't existed when she was alive. In the first the power difference between the two isn't that big. In the second she has omniscience.

Clangador

First Post
Not necessarily destroy and create. The father sent them somewhere. The daughter was questioning him about where he was sending them. He didn't know, or he lied to her about it. She brought them back.

So either they were simply sent to another place and she learned how to bring them back, or she really did learn how to recreate even things that hadn't existed when she was alive. In the first the power difference between the two isn't that big. In the second she has omniscience.

I will have to go back and watch the episode. I don't recall the specifics of that aspect. The girl didn't seem omniscience based on all the questions she was asking her father.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I will have to go back and watch the episode. I don't recall the specifics of that aspect. The girl didn't seem omniscience based on all the questions she was asking her father.
That's not what I was referring to. She brought back things she could not have known about. Things that she'd only heard about. She brought back the entire world that her father had taken away. Just the wrist watch alone was impressive, unless she was simply reaching into some other dimension that her father had sent it into.

Oryan77

Adventurer
That's cool. I didn't know they make a part 2 of this. I just watched it on Youtube.

I was amazed at how much the girl actually looked like him when he was a boy. Turns out, she really is his daughter in real life. That's pretty neat that they both played this type of character as children and got to act in the roles together.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
This reminds me of the GM that ran a villain who was a 0-level commoner, but armed/armored to the teeth with powerful enchanted items and an artifact. So really the party was fighting an artifact, not the NPC per se, who was basically nobody. It was some evil wizard's odd experiment.

Remove ads