That creepy kid from twilight zone.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I kind of like that idea, gamerprinter. It resonates with some of the ways powerful artifacts have been written about. The One Ring..."Dead Man's Shoes" from the Twilight Zone...Malice's Amulet (from the Fantastic Four)...a powerful, intelligent demonsword sword found by a young albino prince...all examples of the inanimate making puppets of men...

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I kind of like that idea, gamerprinter. It resonates with some of the ways powerful artifacts have been written about. The One Ring..."Dead Man's Shoes" from the Twilight Zone...Malice's Amulet (from the Fantastic Four)...a powerful, intelligent demonsword sword found by a young albino prince...all examples of the inanimate making puppets of men...

Actually, this reminds me of an alternate class build that a couple people are working over on the Paizo boards. Based off the PF Summoner class, instead of an eidolon, you get an enchanted weapon with evolutions used to enhance the weapon. Kind of Arthur - Excalibur concept, which is a cool idea.

Clangador

First Post
That's not what I was referring to. She brought back things she could not have known about. Things that she'd only heard about. She brought back the entire world that her father had taken away. Just the wrist watch alone was impressive, unless she was simply reaching into some other dimension that her father had sent it into.

I will have to watch those two episodes now.

Aaron L

Hero
Actually, this reminds me of an alternate class build that a couple people are working over on the Paizo boards. Based off the PF Summoner class, instead of an eidolon, you get an enchanted weapon with evolutions used to enhance the weapon. Kind of Arthur - Excalibur concept, which is a cool idea.

Isn't that kind of redundant with the Bladebound Archetype for the Magus?

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Isn't that kind of redundant with the Bladebound Archetype for the Magus?

Actually it turns out to be a magus archetype, and not summor - that was early in it's design.

The Electus is just another type of magus archetype, but redundant to the Bladebound magus? Not any more redundant than any other archetype for the magus class (or any archetype for any class.)

The Electus gains a "non-intelligent" masterwork weapon, with arcane points spent to grant the entire range of weapon properties for arcane point cost (access to sets of abilities based on magus level) - increase/decrease damage, change damage type (slashing/bludgeoning), add reach, brace, trip, increase critical hit range, increase/decrease critical hit damage multiplier, give it the adamantine quality for hardness and overcoming damage reduction, alignment, etc.

Here's the finished custom archetype Electus as a Google Docs PDF.

Last edited:

Remove ads