• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

That thread about cars

People who can't drive stick shift don't really know how to drive.
Tru Dat!
Whatever continent your car is from, it's the wrong one.
No kidding!
No car will ever be superior to the one I love from my childhood, the full sized Ford LTD Crown Vic station wagon with wood finish.
WOODY!
I never learned how to drive manual.

I also don't know how to harvest weat
You really don't have to admit to us your shortcomings. I mean if you don't tell us, ten we can pretend you are a decent driver. But now...
So what happened? Was it just dealerships with their thumb on the scale?
Here's what Donut has to say, but it doesn't get real until about 9 minutes in.
Not only can I drive a stick, but I've done it both in NA and in the UK, so I can do it with either hand! (I now drive an automatic at home, and I am happy to do it).
NA = Naturally Aspirated. Is UK some type of turbo?
I technically know how to drive stick, and have done so occasionally in the past, but I'm mainly an automatic guy.
You do You... But have you seen a therapist?
2. Gotta love a hot hatch.
Damned right! I would have never known you were a REAL driver!
It's good to have goals.
Yea, but that one?
The TSR by Zenvo has a paddle shift 7-speed.
Shouldn't this be back in the other thread?
Driving stick in Ireland wasn't hard, per se. It was the narrow lanes with tour buses coming the other way that were harrowing!
The poor passenger side mirror. It felt the brush of more than one hedge.
Yea, not a tour bus for me, but some type of construction/farm truck. Got two flats and damaged the wheels on a rental SUV last year. That was a PITA even with insurance!

Ryujin

Legend
One of these was the vacation hauler, when my parents were still together. Not so sure that my father got it on the up-and-up as he had more than a few shady 'friends', and there was mention that it had been 'brought up' from the United States. 1973 Ford Torino Wagon.

Attachments

• 48886386177_22d00d7358_b.jpg
    48886386177_22d00d7358_b.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 42

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
The total disappearance of the stick sportbrake wagon from the US market is a tragedy.

The addition of wood paneling is because of my natural desire to be weird.

Our nearly decade old 78 (?) Buick Estate Wagon had wood paneling and a non-impressive 0-80 in 16 iirc. But it could seat 8 without using anyone's laps, had lots of room in and on top of for a drive in movie, and the cute little sports car passing would theoretically be a paint speck and a statistic with a mere flick of the wheel and it's 4200 lbs.

That was 1100 lbs less than the 73 Gran Safari - also wood paneled - that preceded it, but I don't think I ever drove. Both automatics. (The small car in the family was an Impala - no wood paneling).

Last edited:

I tried to learn stick, but my girlfriend at the time, now wife, chickened out after 10 minutes of me lurching her jeep around the parking lot.

And, I learned that you can still buy brand new DeLoreans from a plant in Arizona. When the company folded some Arizonian millionaire bought all the remaining parts from the Irish plant.

Ryujin

Legend
I tried to learn stick, but my girlfriend at the time, now wife, chickened out after 10 minutes of me lurching her jeep around the parking lot.

And, I learned that you can still buy brand new DeLoreans from a plant in Arizona. When the company folded some Arizonian millionaire bought all the remaining parts from the Irish plant.
There's a new Delorean, too.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Some car thoughts ....

1. I drive stick. Why? Because I don't share. Does wonders to keep people from borrowing your ride.

2. Gotta love a hot hatch.

3. One day I'm going to buy an Audi RS6 and get some wood paneling. It's good to have goals.
Snarf: I am on my second hot hatch!

Had a wrx when they still did the hatch and it rocked!

I would really like a VW R but if I trade up I might be a little short of cash…due to the attendant divorce and all…

Remove ads