The 3 Trailers of Awesome

Ok Nerds and Geeks, and those non binary (Neeks and Gerds??). In one line which of the 3 Trailers of epic fantasy goodness is your fav and why?

For me it's, just, the Rings of Power as it seems to capture the epic of the early ages

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Beardless female dwarves, and Chris Pine as a bard? smh on those alone, I have to go with House of Dragons.

delericho

Legend
Okay. As a trailer, the ComicCon "Rings of Power" trailer is good - up to now the series has looked like Fantasy Lands of Generica, which hasn't really appealed. Now the show looks somewhat of a piece with the LotR films, which is a good thing. The "House of the Dragon" trailers have all been okay, I guess.

But I'm always extremely wary of trailers - "The Phantom Menace" had an excellent first trailer, and we know how that turned out. :)

In terms of the products themselves, again I'm looking forward to RoP much more than HotD - after the last few seasons of GoT, another series by the same team doesn't fill me with confidence. I'll probably end up watching both, though.

In all cases, the D&D movie, and trailer thereof, doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the others. The target for that one is "doesn't suck".

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
House of Dragon because due to the tone and most coherent trailer. Though, I'm a bit worried after how bad the last few seasons of GoT were.

Beardless female dwarves, and Chris Pine as a bard? smh on those alone, I have to go with House of Dragons.

It's th
Okay. As a trailer, the ComicCon "Rings of Power" trailer is good - up to now the series has looked like Fantasy Lands of Generica, which hasn't really appealed. Now the show looks somewhat of a piece with the LotR films, which is a good thing. The "House of the Dragon" trailers have all been okay, I guess.

But I'm always extremely wary of trailers - "The Phantom Menace" had an excellent first trailer, and we know how that turned out. :)

In terms of the products themselves, again I'm looking forward to RoP much more than HotD - after the last few seasons of GoT, another series by the same team doesn't fill me with confidence. I'll probably end up watching both, though.

In all cases, the D&D movie, and trailer thereof, doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the others. The target for that one is "doesn't suck".

Isn't that the target of all of them?

Anyways the Forgotten Realms one looked the most fun. Hands down looking forward to the one the most. I meant not even bother watching Rings of Power or House of the Dragon.

I lost interest in Game of Thrones when they turned my favourite character in the show into a pin cushion.

I'm just not enough of a Middle Earth expert to assess Rings of Power.

Soooooo excited for the D&D movie. I can see Chris Pine as a Bard, he'd have the Charisma score for it.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Isn't that the target of all of them?
For classic literary properties, "not sucking" is insufficient to the satisfy the fanbase. They need to stand up to the work of od the OG hineslf, J.R.R. Tolkien, or Gworge R.R. Martin at his sharpest.

For D&D, a pretty mediocre ot that manages to be somewhat fun (like an old AD&D module) will be hailed by D&D fans as a triumph.

Remove ads