• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The 4400

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I myself have not seen the opening episode of USA's "The 4400" yet, but I'm a little surprised that it seems to have been overlooked here. Anyone have any opinions on it?

If you're like me, interested but memory-impared when it comes to setting the VCR, the opening episode is running every day this week, so you've still got a chance to catch it.

Dimwhit

Explorer
I just finished it last night. (DVR is wonderful.) I enjoyed it. I like this kind of show, and I think they're done a fine job. Is it true is just a 5-episode show? I was thinking is was a full series.

LeapingShark

First Post
It was interesting. A bit on the cheesy side when some of the 4400 start... you know what (the duo of investigators made me think of Mulder & Scully). Was this show written by Ex-X-Files screenwriters?

But still, the show was thought-provoking, and mysterious enough to keep me watching. I'm curious enough that I'll be taking a look at the second episode.

The best part about it was whenever they turned up the mood-music while continuing the story through scene-montages. I hope they do that more (with perhaps some different songs).

RatPunk

First Post
Dimwhit said:
I just finished it last night. (DVR is wonderful.) I enjoyed it. I like this kind of show, and I think they're done a fine job. Is it true is just a 5-episode show? I was thinking is was a full series.

It is only five episodes for now. Originally, it was only the 2 hour pilot, but USA quickly ordered 4 more episodes, so there is always the possibility they will order more.

Sirius_Black

First Post
RatPunk said:
It is only five episodes for now. Originally, it was only the 2 hour pilot, but USA quickly ordered 4 more episodes, so there is always the possibility they will order more.

Thank you for this information. I thought that it was originally just to be the 2 hour movie. Thus, I was quite surprised to hear more was coming at the end of Sunday's show.

I like what I've seen so far. I'm not sure I would have watched it if I had known it was going to be a series, but with just four of them and it being on, if I'm correct, before Johnny Five's Dead Zone , I'll probably keep watching them.

Thanks again for this information. I'm not the only one in my house who was curious as to how long the show would possibly go.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
The article I read about it, said the makers left room for more episodes.

I thought it was pretty good, so hopefully they will make more.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads