The Abyssal Campaign (~260pg).

Cerulean_Wings

First Post
Very interesting project! Now, I tried downloading the files, and neither of them works once I open them, it's all gibberish. Not sure what the problem is :\

ShadowX

First Post
*bump* I remember seeing this long ago and it piqued my interest. I know Zappo still frequents the boards, so perhaps he can tell us why this project died an ignominious death.

the Jester

Legend
Yeah, I really loved this when I downloaded it! I suspect that I haven't seen Chapter 5 yet- I need to check it out.

Hmm, if Zappo's a community supporter I'll PM him. :)

Zappo

Explorer
Hi folks,

Well, RL happened. Without getting into details, near the end my spare time quickly dropped from "hours per day" to "OMG incoming deadline!". We played the campaign to the end, but I was never able to write down the ending.

I might have a somewhat more recent version on my home computer, I'll check and compare when I'm back home. If I get some time, I'll make an effort to complete it; I'm afraid the final chapters won't be as long as the rest, though. I simply can't afford writing a half-dozen subquests per chapter or 2000 characters for a NPC any more.

Zappo

Explorer
I have a more-or-less complete version, by which I mean that there's an ending even if it is a bit too abrupt for my taste. It's 260 pages long, and has 7 full chapters. However, I no longer have access to the hosting I used to use.

Would anyone host the files? The doc version is 3.8 megs, while the PDF is 2.5 megs.

balterkn

First Post
Zappo said:
I have a more-or-less complete version, by which I mean that there's an ending even if it is a bit too abrupt for my taste. It's 260 pages long, and has 7 full chapters. However, I no longer have access to the hosting I used to use.

Would anyone host the files? The doc version is 3.8 megs, while the PDF is 2.5 megs.

You can PM me if needed for short-term hosting (I still have a student account at a university I can still use until May 2008 and has web access).

You can also look into various online free hosts:

Google Docs
Geocities

I've used both of these - the docs.google.com site is nice because of no download limits, no size limits, and the ability to continue to edit the document an even allow other authors to edit the document (if you want to get editors involved).

Tiew

First Post
Hey Zappo, I'm reading the incomplete version of this that the link in the first post goes too. Looks very cool and I'd like to run it. Will you be able to post the completed version?

Zappo

Explorer
Balterkn: for some reason I didn't get a notification of your message.

I'm going to try to attach it.

edit: works. Do attachments expire eventually?

Attachments

• abyssal.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 709
Last edited:

Remove ads