• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

the Accord

Kisuke_Kurosaki

First Post
Sources:All 3.5 cores, all psionic books, accordlands books, all completes, incarnum, some eberron and faerun books

Airwalkerr: you should probably go with a cleric of concept since none of the accordlands gods really fit what you want and yes i have that book so spells from it are allowed.

willette: it is a set array of 13-18 inclusive and NEVER assume anything in my campaigns unless you want a very RUDE awakening and that goes for EVERYONE

Ghostcat: no chaos monk exist in any resource i possess, so i wont allow it.

Voadam: where did you get the pdfs?

Dragonwriter

First Post
Sources:All 3.5 cores, all psionic books, accordlands books, all completes, incarnum, some eberron and faerun books

<snip>

it is a set array of 13-18 inclusive and NEVER assume anything in my campaigns unless you want a very RUDE awakening and that goes for EVERYONE

Awesome. Thanks for the list. Another chance to toss out some Incarnum goodness! Yay! :D

As to the stats, I take it you mean we get a 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 to arrange as we wish before racial modifiers?

Theroc

First Post
I'm definitely in... likely to be fiddling with a Totemist/something...

Need to double check gestalt-rules before finalizing my concept though.

Dragonwriter

First Post
I'm definitely in... likely to be fiddling with a Totemist/something...

Need to double check gestalt-rules before finalizing my concept though.

I myself was thinking Totemist paired with Monk, or perhaps Psychic Warrior :). But if you want to take that, go ahead. In which case, I might pull something with Incarnate//something else and go skillmonkey route.

EDIT: If multiclassing is allowed on the sides (I've seen some DMs say not for some reason...), I'll probably go Incarnate/Rogue // Ranger/Swashbuckler. Focus would be on TWF, acrobatics and all-around flash. Able to help out in melee and take the skillmonkey role (maybe some faceman, but not likely). :)

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Well, DW, I can't play any of them besides Totemist, as you know.

My concepts are either a Totemist//Barbarian/fighter(Charging in and raging with good HP and lots of attacks/feats)

Or possible a Totemist on one side and Cleric/Arcane caster to possible take the Geometer PrC from Complete Divine. However, I'm not sure whether this build is possible in a gestalt game, as I've heard 'dual progression' PrCs aren't legal, but the section in the SRD doesn't mention this that I have seen.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Totemist//Barbarian is a vicious combo. Absolute melee powerhouse, especially if you do Cobalt Charge with Girallon Arms (Totem) and Sphinx Claws (hands) and then add on other binds, like Dread Carapace or Totem Avatar. Gets very nasty, very quickly.

Yeah, I think they left out that blurb about "theurge" type PrCs in the SRD. Unearthed Arcana gives a warning to the DM about that, basically saying that such PrCs are a shaky idea in gestalt, which is already super-powered. Still, Totemist//Cleric or Druid is a potent combo, and has some major flavor potential (savage priest of nature style).

And I find I'm liking the idea of Rogue/Incarnate // Ranger/Swashbuckler. Good back-up warrior/skirmisher and tons of skills, with the Incarnum boosts (which can be used for just about any/everything). I don't play skillmonkies very often, so it should be fun and different for me (oftentimes, I play the warrior-type, either ranged or melee).

Theroc

First Post
Yeah, the flavor of either is cool, I also liked the idea of the Geometer's drift abilities(giving even more of a savage Nature-priest) Granted, that PrC is quite a ways away. I'd be moving towards that if it appeared we were approaching level 6, most probably.

I'm taking a look at the lower level spells of both classes right now. Also, if Kisuke has a preference as to which I play (Or an idea how far he intends to take the campaign/game), I'd welcome the added info.

Theroc

First Post
OK. How about a Wilderness Rogue/Druid.

Dragonwriter/Theroc: Hope this won't tread on your toes.

Shouldn't step on mine... after all, more ability to slot healing spells is always good, and your secondary role is stealth/striking whereas mine would be meatshield/striking.

Edit: Oh, realized something interesting about Geometer. It's not dual progression. It's "Pick one of your casting classes. That one is the one that gains levels, your other gets to rot." So, it shouldn't exactly fall into the same trap as the usual casting meld PrC problem.

Last edited:

Remove ads