The Adventures of the Knights of Spellforge Keep are now COMPLETED

ellestar

First Post
Shagadelic!

I will be starting new studies now, moving to a new place, establishing myself there with my female better-half. If I've timed all this correctly, the first story hour should have manifested about the same time as I'm ready to begin to peruse it.

Again: Shagadelic! :D

Breakstone

First Post
Hey, I'm glad you're starting again, Doc!

And if you want to stay in those low levels, you could slow down the experience gain by either increasing the needed experience cost for each level or just giving out less experience for the monsters and such.

Or just put them against a ton of level-draining monsters...

Wee Jas

First Post
Doc should start a new campign thread to keep himself motivated.

On the other hand.. to keep me motivated (and entertained) I need help building my new character!

How about Sir Kev Tnomrom? :p

Doc said we are doing 3.5 which I know nothing about... I liked the monk Idea but lets just face it... I need a menacing dark brooding Ant-hero to strike fear in the hearts of my enemies (..and party).

Everything seems like it's been done before... I'd love to play a cleric again butI need to stay away from that. I asked Doc about Psionics and he didn't say no but he didn't say yes either.

C'mon Storyhour fans DELURK and help me make up my mind!

Conaill

First Post
Wee Jas said:
How about Sir Kev Tnomrom?
Hmm, sounds a bit like a CN Paladin, doesn't it? ;)

If you feel like "everything's been done before"... this might be a good time to ask the rest of your roleplaying group what *they* think would make an interesting roleplaying challenge for you. You may feel like you've tried all the possible variations, but you've probably been staying away from certain archetypes. Time to flex those RP muscles a bit...

Spatula

Explorer
Psionics is in kinda an odd place if you're using 3.5, since a lot of powers are based off of spells and the spells have been drastically altered. In some cases it's easy to see how to fix the psionics version (psi poly self is the same as the magic poly self), but in others it's not.

What's the flavor or dominant theme of the new campaign?

ellestar

First Post
Wee Jas said:
... I need a menacing dark brooding Ant-hero to strike fear in the hearts of my enemies (..and party)...

Well, if you want an ant-hero, how about a young promising Formian Worker? Ha ha ha. Couldn't resist.

Now, a good anti-hero? Hard to come up with any original ones, how about the gritty no-nonsense poison using dwarf? ("As long as you get the job done, I don't care.") A meaner version of the infamous Wulf Ratbane?

For psionics, with some work it can be done, but as Spatula mentioned, lots of things have changed in 3.5 and will need to be worked at.

Well, I'll chime in with more creativity when I'm more creative.
When is the story coming, anyway?

Richards

Legend
Hey, if you want to try something that hasn't been done before in the Knights of the Silver Quill/Knights of Spellforge Keep, then you must run...a gnome PC.

Think about it: of all the PCs in the past campaign(s), was there even ONE gnome? I think not. There were humans, at least one dwarf, an elf, some halflings, Hell, even a troll and a half-dragon, but a gnome? Gnope.

You want an anti-hero? A gnome's about as far away as you get from the mental picture conjured up by the word "hero."

Go ahead, Wee Jas, I dare you: play a gnome.

Johnathan

Felix

Explorer
For some reason the thought of Wee Jas playing a Gnome Illusionist lich makes me laugh...

It's a lich, run away!

But it's a GNOME!:)

You could be a gritty, no-nonsense, godless figher... and you'd have the feats Dartan never did!

Maybe a cowardly Abjurer?

Remove ads