The all-new revised Anti-Paladin & Paladin core classes for review

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
Lame... It doesn't seem that overpowered to me. My co-DM said at last he had an interest in actually *playing* a paladin after seeing my work. Well, I guess I'll just let this fall off the boards then and use it as is IMC. Still seems bizarre I never got any constructive feedback on this post. You guys are usually so helpful. :(

Last edited:

drowdude

First Post
Kaptain_Kantrip said:
Lame... It doesn't seem that overpowered to me.

It does to me ;)

Kaptain_Kantrip said:
My co-DM said at last he had an interest in actually *playing* a paladin after seeing my work.

What were the preceived problems with the PHB Paladin?

Feedback...feedback..... ok...ok....lesseeeee.....

For the variant Paladin class: Retain Lawful Good requirement for alignment; drop Gather Information from the class skill list; remove Heroic Surge; remove Bonus Feats (why play a fighter if paladins kick this much @$$ and you get bonus feats?); remove Sacred Defense (kinda redundant); add Smite back in but allow the # of uses per day to increase as the paladin progresses in level.

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
The perceived problems were that the class was weak and did not do anything cool enough to warrant taking past 5th level when you get your Special Mount. The only ability they get from 6th level on is extra uses of remove disease! They get their butts kicked every single time they go up against a fighter of equal level, whether one on one or if they have help. It makes more sense to play a multiclassed cleric/fighter than a straight paladin. You will get way better powers, spells and feats. The LG alignment straightjacket is too restrictive. We want paladins of any alignment, as they are basically just "holy warriors" to us.

Thanks for the feedback, drowdude! :)

drowdude

First Post
Kaptain_Kantrip said:
The perceived problems were that the class was weak and did not do anything cool enough to warrant taking past 5th level when you get your Special Mount. The only ability they get from 6th level on is extra uses of remove disease! They get their butts kicked every single time they go up against a fighter of equal level, whether one on one or if they have help. It makes more sense to play a multiclassed cleric/fighter than a straight paladin. You will get way better powers, spells and feats. The LG alignment straightjacket is too restrictive. We want paladins of any alignment, as they are basically just "holy warriors" to us.

As I said before we have had quite the opposite experience with paladins. In fact we were considering making it into a prestige class just to limit it.

Kaptain_Kantrip said:
Thanks for the feedback, drowdude! :)

No problem. Now go post to my Ranger thread so we are even :p

Remove ads