• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Ancient Paths - Path II

hippocrachus

First Post
~ Sabriel ~

Sabriel casts her cantrip on the cavern wall and carries on down the tunnel. It isn't long before she hears footsteps coming down the tunnel towards her. One set of footfalls sounds brash and clanky, one sounds heavy and calculated, and the last seems like soft swishes, much quieter than the others'...

~ The Adventurers ~

Dowkan, Hrolf, and Naetalis (in that order) travel down the tunnel leading south and it isn't long before they hear footsteps coming towards them. They seem rushed and fluttery, but move closer no faster than the adventurers'...

[sblock=OOC]I liked the rhyme, kirinke :) [/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
Dowkan, making use of his superior vision, ensures that he is providing cover for the other two. Readying his axe and shield, the gruff dwarf moves forward towards the sounds of what sounds like a lone person.

kirinke

First Post
ooc
[sblock]I was a poet and didn't know it. :] It isn't Chaucer, but it works ehh? :) Also took the nicer armour too. So she's opportunistic. :p [/sblock]

Sabriel slows, drawing her new sword and making sure her new masterwork armour is secure. To her, the inky blackness of the cave is as bright as day, thanks to her supernatural sight. She tries to find a place to hide in the tunnel and if she can't find a hidey-hole she'll hug the wall, just in case somebody, whoever it is anyway, gets spell or pointy-object happy.

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
Nae'talis walks, unconcerned, behind the line of his two companions. He lets his mind concentrate on the "dream" from earlier until he hears the footsteps up ahead, then he quickly snaps himself to attention, alert for any potential danger that might present itself.

Dhes

Explorer
Drawing his sword, Hrolf takes up position in front of Nae’talis. ”It doesn’t sound like a big group, but better be save.”

hippocrachus

First Post
~ Sabriel ~

Sabriel puts her back to the tunnel wall and slowly creeps up to a bend in the cavern path. It is then that she can see natural light flickering and reflecting from a source that can't be too far from her current position.
She creeps up to the bend and peaks around...

~ The Adventurers ~

The tunnel curves slightly just ahead of Dowkan and the dwarf is sure that the approaching figure has slowed down and started hugging the wall, around the bend.
Dowkan moves closer to the wall and begins to inch closer to the bend. When he gets there, he slowly peaks around the side...

[sblock=OOC]You two see each other...[/sblock]

kirinke

First Post
Sabriel gapes at the dwarf. "Dowkan?" she says, laughing shakily in relief and when the others rush up, she quickly tells them everything, her dream and waking up in the strange room behind her.

Legildur

First Post
Dowkan stifles his reflex to rush the newcomer once he recognises Sabriel. "Girly!" he exclaims. "Where the hell have ya been?"

"We'd have come for ya sooner, but these two louts wanted their precious spells,"
he adds, gesturing with a toss of his head behind him.

Once all the (un)pleasantries are exchanged, Dowkan raises an eyebrow as he eyes the other three. "What about we keep going this way then?" he suggests. And with their agreement, Dowkan will lead off.

kirinke

First Post
"I don't know where the hell I've been Dowkan. I woke up in that room back there, fully clothed with all my armour and gear after having a freaking weird dream. And before you ask, I've never been known to sleep-walk." she sighed. "Oh, you might want to look at this, I can't read dwarf." she said, showing him her new sword and the runes inscribed on it. "I found it in that room and yes, I did cast detect magic on it and the armour before I picked it up. Neither had any magical auras, but as both the blade and the armour are even more well crafted than mine, I picked these up instead."

Last edited:

Legildur

First Post
"Dream ya say?" he queries. "Humph! I know what ya mean," he adds as he takes a closer look at the blade and armor Sabriel recovered (+4 Appraise (stone and metal)).

Remove ads