Whip
Armor (beast skins)
Explorer's pack
Bag of Heavy Tools
Kit to repair himself
Cypher x 2.
Oddity x 1
Shins: x 5

Duncan is a giant of a man in simple clothes, yet covered in thickened beast hide armor plates in the style of gladiators: a leather sleeve shield over his arms and shoulders, great leather boots, and a thick belt about his waist with an animal skull with protruding tusks. At his waist he carries a massive sword, worn for him the way other men would wear a longsword; a pouch filled with crossbow bolts, matching the crossbow on his back; and a long whip. His body is tall and well-muscled, impossibly fit with great definition, yet he moves as lightly as a panther. And well he should, as closer inspection shows signs of augmentation with numenera: his irises glow electric blue, as do discs about his chest and arms, and plates covering his spine.

HIS SECRET: (known by player (?): see the story, below)

LINK TO THE PARTY: Duncan came across this new cadre of companions wandering the wilderness. An iron pyramid the size of a melon floated out of the ground and began sending waves of rainbow-colored light over them, which wilted the foliage around them. Moving quickly and less hampered by the iridescence, Duncan pounced and impaled the pyramid on his blade. Watchdog of the ancient ones. They lie buried all over these dunes. We should move on before they send another. They grow more deadly with each killing. His deep voice rumbled, and there was an audible hum below, as though it were somewhat synthesized deep in his chest. From thence he wandered with them out of that danger, and liked them just enough to look for a few more.

BACKGROUND: http://ninthworldhub.com/profiles/blogs/sword-of-aeon-part-1

MORE RECENTLY: Duncan and two companions made their way through the Pythoran Empire, looking for adventure. Leaving there, he journeyed for some time and discovered...

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hold on there, turbo! ;) Good to see you're ready to go fireinthedust, but we'll have a separate thread for characters.

Just a quick run-down for those who are less familiar with ENWorld PbP gaming:

We'll have three threads, an Out Of Character (OOC) thread, which I will start for this game very late this evening (I'm nocturnal, and I'm going to bed soon, but I have the next two nights off).

There will be an In Character thread in the Playing the Game forum. And there will be a separate thread for character sheets in the Rogue's Gallery forum. I will start all three threads. I will also post a sample character to show what format I would prefer people post, so I can easily find everyone's information the same way, if you'd all be so kind.

Look for more information later this evening in a different thread! (I expect no later than 10pm Central.)

P.S. Shayuri - Endless Falls, holy moly, that was a long time ago! That was the anything but normal game, wasn't it? With the sentient ooze and the land ship, right? That was a trip and a half. :D

fireinthedust

Explorer
Hold on there, turbo! ;) Good to see you're ready to go fireinthedust, but we'll have a separate thread for characters.

:D

Actually, he's from another game that is in the process of dying (sadly: GM has a neat town, but very long gaps between posts, no notice for six days). And the posted short story/chapter. So I had him ready before the game started.

fireinthedust

Explorer
How did your character become a cyborg? Perhaps there is a connection between your origin and mine.

How? Why follow the link, that's how! And if you like the story by that point, keep reading and you'll know him up to the point he left and became an adventurer. And if you reeeeally like the story, please post on the blog and comment that you've both read and enjoyed it... and maybe request that somebody give me a job as a professional author of fantasy/sci-fi stories, which would be the goal.

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe, if I had that kind of clout, I'd be one myself.

Sadly, I haven't time to do that right away, but I'll give it a look when I get a chance.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay so Duncan was cyborged by his owner (at the time) to make him a better gladiator. That specific background doesn't mesh with mine, but we could have met later...

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Cerulean Lion, yes there is!

Okay everyone, I'm going to move discussion over to our very own thread! So far our roster stands at Shayuri, fireinthedust, Chronicler, and Cerulean Lion. joesys also has a spot if he/she posts and wants in. I generally keep PbP at 6 or under.

Remove ads