The Beast Within [Dark*Matter D20]

Verbatim

Explorer
Nodding his head in agreement with the plan to go to the paper and investigate, Caleb was glad that for once time was on their side slightly.

"Visiting the paper as concerned animal control officers should be fine, especially if we seem only to be wanting to visit for the sake of gathering information."

Jarval

Explorer
February 29th, 2004. 10:26 AM. The Bavington Telegraph offices.

You head back out to the van and make the short drive to the Bavington Telegraph. It's offices are not large, sited in a small building on an industrial estate about five minutes outside of the town center. The interior is comfortably furnished however, with several lounge chairs laid out around a waiting area. The woman behind the desk holds up her hand to let you know she's noticed your arrival, then carries on typing. A few moments later she double clicks something on the screen and looks up.

"Hi, can I help?" She asks.

Jarval

Explorer
"Oh right, we'd heard you'd arrived." The woman stands up from behind the desk and opens the door leading through to another office.

"Gordon, the people from Animal Control are here. Can you come talk with them?" There a muffled reply from within the room, and the receptionist smiles. She pulls the door to again, and comes back over to you.

"Gordon will be with you in a minute, he's just having breakfast. But I'm sure in your line of work you don't need telling anything about weird meal times." She walks round and sits on the front edge of the desk.

"So, you found our killer yet? Is it a bear? Hey, maybe you could give us an interview. It'd be front page stuff, I'm sure. Oh, I'm Holly, by the way."

(OoC: I'm going to try something different here. From now on with NPCs, I'll attach a photo of them (or rather, the actor "playing" them) in the first in which they appear. I'll post pics of the NPCs already introduced so far in the OoC thread over the next few days. Below is a picture of Holly.)

Attachments

• HollyDavidson.jpg
    HollyDavidson.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 59

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"Lisa. I'm afraid we haven't found the animal yet, though I feel we can safely say it's a bear of some kind. I'd rather wait until everything's wrapped up before we do any interviews; helps keep my foot and mouth safely separated."

Jarval

Explorer
"Fair enough, but you can't blame a girl for asking." Holly grins. "Weird that we've got a bear down here. If it'd had been a 'gator, then no problem, but a bear? Isn't the Keys a bit outside bearville?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"That's why we're here. Bears don't live anywhere near here, especially the sort of grizzlies that might maul a human, and they don't tend to wander very far. Not only are the locals not trained for this sort of thing, but we're also interested in fnding out how it got here."

Jarval

Explorer
Holly nods in agreement.

"Well, once you know why and how, let us know and give us the details. There isn't really enough excitment around here."

"OK Holly, stop pestering the nice people, and give them room to breathe." A male voice says in a joking tone. Turning, you see a middle-aged man standing in the doorway through to the other office. He smiles broadly at you all.

"Animal Control? Come right through." He gestures towards his office. "So, how can I help you? Sorry, this is going to be a bit of a rush, I've got a meeting in..." He glances down at his watch. "Twenty-three minutes."

He heads into his office, only to pause half-way across the room.

"Sorry, haven't indroduced myself, have I? Gordon Holst, editor of the Bavington Telegraph."

(OoC: Attached below is a picture of Gordon.)

Attachments

• Gordon Holst (played by Brian Van Holt).jpg
    Gordon Holst (played by Brian Van Holt).jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 53

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"Lisa Taylor; pleased to meet you. We wanted to see what you'd found so far; our initial report was kind of sketchy. Also, if there's anything we can tell you off the record, just ask; I'm afraid for liability issues we can't do an interview until we've wrapped everything up here, but that doesn't rule out a friendly chat."

loxmyth

First Post
Daunte holds out a hand. "Daunte Spinks," he says in way of greeting, and follows Gordon and Lisa toward the office. "So, what have you guys got on the bear maulings?"

Remove ads