The Beast Within [Dark*Matter D20]

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"Do we want to go back to the hotel and hash things out a bit more? Or. maybe, we could drop by the sherrif's office, see if he has anything of note on any of the new factory workers. The file mentioned that a werebear might get aggressive, especially if threatened; if there are any suspicious brawls or such from the new workers, that might be somewhere to start."

Jarval

Explorer
(OoC: Right, I'm back :) Feel free to carry on, and once I know where you're all heading I'll update. Or, if you want/need a recap of what's happened so far, I can type one up for you.)

loxmyth

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
"Do we want to go back to the hotel and hash things out a bit more? Or. maybe, we could drop by the sherrif's office, see if he has anything of note on any of the new factory workers. The file mentioned that a werebear might get aggressive, especially if threatened; if there are any suspicious brawls or such from the new workers, that might be somewhere to start."

Duante nods. "I vote we go talk to the sherrif, now that we know there's been an influx in the population. Like the lady says, maybe we'll get lucky and learn about an overtly aggressive, large, hairy factory worker who coincidentally disappears around the night of a full moon."

Jarval

Explorer
February 29th, 2004. 10:01 AM. Bavington Keys Police Station.

You make the short drive back to town in good time, and pull up outside the police station. You're show through to Sheriff Barrington's office, and you find him slowly working his way through a sizeable pile of paperwork. He looks up as you open the door and grins happily, pushing the stack of papers to one side.

"So, how can I help you folks? Any news?"

(OoC: Does anyone know if Verbatim's still with us? I'll remind him that we're running again.)

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Lisa smiles (slightly apologetically). "We've got a bit of an idea of what we might be looking for. We're guessing that our suspect may be one of the new factory workers. A big range to look at, I admit, but we've got some ideas as to how to narrow it down." She tells him what the Hoffman files and Rachel have given them as identifying marks.

Jarval

Explorer
"Sounds like it might be a lead. Gives us a narrower field than the whole damn town, at any rate." Sheriff Barrington replies, getting up from his desk and making his way over to a filing cabinet. He spends thirty seconds or so digging around in the files in one draw, pulling three free.

"It ain't a factory, it's a research laboratory, or that's what it says here." He taps his finger on a zoning permit. "Organica Technologies, and they've hardly employed anyone local. I guess we haven't got enough college grads for them." He shugs.

"As for the new folks, so far only one of 'em had a run in with the law. Ted Cooper, brought in drunk and disorderly three weeks ago. Didn't come quietly, either..."

Remove ads