The Beast Within [Dark*Matter D20]

Jarval

Explorer
"Well, he didn't take too kindly to being fired, and then he saw his boss in a bar. Things got a little ugly, and he gave Deputy Howard a pretty solid ding to the head when he stepped in. Fortunately that boy's got a skull made out of concrete or somesuch, and it didn't do any real damage." Sheriff Barrington grins at his last statement.

loxmyth

First Post
"And do you know if Cooper is still in town?" Daunte threw in. "I mean, as an out-of-towner who lost his job, it could be that he went back where he came from."

Jarval

Explorer
"Not sure what he got fired for. I'll have a look." Sheriff Barrington thumbs through the file. "As for Organica Technologies, I think they do some kind of biotech stuff, or something like that. There were a few protests about GM crops when they set up here.

"Ted Cooper's still in town. He has to check in here every week, part of his parole. Just bare with me a moment." He goes over to the door, opens it, and calls out.

"Hey, Will, when did Ted Cooper come in last? ... OK, thanks." He closes the door again.

"Checked in three days ago. Annnd..." Barrington runs his finger down the page in front of him. "Got it... He was fired for drinking on duty."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"Maybe I'm just being suspicious, but might there be a chance that Organica's research has something to do with the attacks here? It might not be coincidental that a biotech company is on location when an undeniably biological problem crops up. We might want to talk to Mr. Cooper about what was happening in the labs, not just his dispute.

Of course, we'd need a plausible reason to get him to talk about it, especially if he signed an NDA. Has there been any media attention about this facility, or Organica in general, that you've heard, Sherrif?"

Verbatim

Explorer
[ooc: Sorry for the absence guys....]

As the sheriff takes the file from the stack around him, Caleb tries to see the picture of the man, as well as the home address listed.

"Perhaps our first meeting should be an informal one because if he has a taste for the sauce, it might not be to hard to get him to open up after a few drinks, especially if we are the ones paying for it."

Jarval

Explorer
Paxus Asclepius said:
"Maybe I'm just being suspicious, but might there be a chance that Organica's research has something to do with the attacks here? It might not be coincidental that a biotech company is on location when an undeniably biological problem crops up. We might want to talk to Mr. Cooper about what was happening in the labs, not just his dispute.
"Don't know if Organica is involved. Biology isn't really something I know much about." Sheriff Barrington shrugs. "It could be, I guess, but I though you were looking for a werebear. Aren't they a bit more, y'know, spooky than sciency?"

Paxus Asclepius said:
Of course, we'd need a plausible reason to get him to talk about it, especially if he signed an NDA. Has there been any media attention about this facility, or Organica in general, that you've heard, Sherrif?"
"I'd imagine so. It's normally pretty quiet around these parts, so things like demonstrations tend to get reported." Sheriff Barrington says.

"But if you want to find out about that, I'd suggest you drop by the Telegraph offices. That's the local newspaper. Tell them I sent you, and they'll help you out on the media side of things."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Jarval said:
"Don't know if Organica is involved. Biology isn't really something I know much about." Sheriff Barrington shrugs. "It could be, I guess, but I though you were looking for a werebear. Aren't they a bit more, y'know, spooky than sciency?"

"I'm not sure that there's quite that much distinction. Oh, there are certainly things far beyond what our science can explain at the moment, but I can easily imagine a biotech company trying to find a biological explanation for therianthropy, if only for the commercial applications."

loxmyth

First Post
"So now we've got a couple of leads," Daunte summarizes, mostly to himself. "Why don't we head down to the Telegraph, see what we can find out there. I think it's usually better to head into a situation with as much knowledge as we can, so my preference is that we go there before we talk to Cooper. Unlikely he's going anywhere, and I don't think we're time-critical yet," he reasons.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"Next full moon is the 6th. That's less than a week we've got before we break out the heavy stuff and go hunting. Still, though, you're probably right that we should go to the Telegraph first. Same cover story?"

Remove ads