The best DM compliment I have ever received.

Treebore

First Post
javapadawan said:
Oops... I guess I should amend that statement a bit then, since I don't want to make it sound like my hubby never says nice things... quite the contrary. But the compliment in question was just so offhanded and unexpected that it took me completely by surprise. :cool:

Those kind of compliments seem to floor my wife the best as well. Fortunately I do it fairly often, I would guess.

der_kluge

Adventurer
The only real compliment I need is when I can see that everyone is actively involved in what is going, they are attentive, paying attention, and providing feedback and ideas on the problem at hand.

That's when I know it's good.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Does anyone else feel disappointed when they get non-specific compliments?

I always get "your game is fun" and "you're a good GM".

I really don't know how to take these - I'm always worried that my game sucks and noone wants to tell me.

trentonjoe

Explorer
Saeviomagy said:
Does anyone else feel disappointed when they get non-specific compliments?

I always get "your game is fun" and "you're a good GM".

I really don't know how to take these - I'm always worried that my game sucks and noone wants to tell me.

I never get anything. Ofcourse, I have been playing with my group for so long they might have said nice things once but I don't remember.

I wouldn't worry, if your game sucked people would stop coming.

eris404

Explorer
Saeviomagy said:
Does anyone else feel disappointed when they get non-specific compliments? I always get "your game is fun" and "you're a good GM".

I agree with Trentonjoe. I think it's a compliment when the players still want to play in my game. :)

Macbeth

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
I run a game on Friday nights with a bunch of late teens. I know three of them have entered relationships, but none of them has dropped out of the game. I find it a little odd that they want to sit around playing DnD on a Friday night instead of spending time with their girlfriends then.

Does that count?
You've also got a player who makes an hour drive just to game on Friday nights. :D
And, just to make it clear, since all DMs deserve some thanks, I'm having a great time. Especially since we made progress on Castinimir's @$%#! island.

Ycore Rixle

First Post
Summer of '02 I worked at a summer camp and DM'ed for some of the kids there. At the end of the summer, they got the camp director to call me up to his office on some pretext, then they decorated the computer room where I worked, yelled Surprise! when I came back, and had this huge chocolate cake that said World's Best Dungeon Master on it. That was very cool.

When I was in high school, we would have marathon D&D sessions on the weekends, but we always had to break for dinner at individual houses, this being the family-values midwest and all. Anyway, one of my best friends, he would always go home for dinner and be back in less than ten minutes, ringing the doorbell and wanting to restart the game already.

And then there's my current group... who just say, "That was fun," or, "You're a good DM," things like that. It means a lot!

Remove ads