The best DM compliment I have ever received.

D+1

First Post
Henry said:
#2: I've run a Star wars game that was so successful another player spun off another Star Wars game from it.

Yep. My last D&D campaign was used as the basis (or at least inspiration) for a campaign run by one of the players.

Best player I ever had too. He enjoyed the game enough that he'd call me up and run his characters occasionally during the week over the phone. No dice as such, just roleplaying. THAT was where it really started to get fun for me as a DM - the campaign was literally gaining a life and momentum of its own and I felt like I was chasing to catch back up with it.

SuperFlyTNT

First Post
The best was when the old dm of the group I dm for (he decided he wanted to just be a player) called me up and told me how creative and enjoyable the experience was, he also said the other players had been talking about it all week and couldnt wait for the next session. This made me pretty confident because I wasnt sure how well I would dm and its always a little intimidation when a player knows the rules better than you.

bloodymage

House Ruler
Two compliments:

In my present weekly game, I have a player who drives 114 miles, one way, to play. I have a couple of other players who travel 85 miles! :cool:

I ran an AD&D game for a couple of guys who'd only experienced 3e. Afterwards, one said, "Wow! I've never played under a bastard DM before! Oh. That's a compliment!'' :D

I run a long-term campaign, and the campaign world has gotten very detailed over time. From time to time some of my players will DM, but I am certainly the world designer.

I asked one of my players, a professional computer artist, to do a particular sketch for my campaign web site. She did a great job. I offered to pay her - it is her profession, after all.

"Certainly not!" she said, "After all the fun I've had wandering around in YOUR work of art...!"

The Spectrum Rider

ThoughtBubble

First Post
I got a good one a couple of weeks ago.
I havn't been DMing for a while now, and I have a notebook of "Random campaign ideas." In the midst of a conversation about one of the more offbeat ones, one of my players looks at me and says. "Well, I'd play it. I trust your work."

SweeneyTodd

First Post
The expressions on their faces when we all pull off a really cool scene.

I've actually had some really complimentary players in my latest campaign, which has been nice because I literally haven't GMed for a decade, so it's good to know I remember how to do it.

For me, though, the biggest compliment I can get is seeing the players really jump into both their PCs and other secondary characters I give them, and really make individual scenes shine.

Remove ads