• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The BEST movie ever

Acid_crash

First Post
Well, since we have our stupidest movie ever thread, why not have a best movie ever thread also.

First up, the Star Wars trilogy (episodes 4, 5, and 6)...can't go wrong with those.

Second, the Lord of the Rings trilogy... definately can't go wrong with those.

Third, Indiana Jones trilogy, especially Raiders of the Lost Ark. :) Great movie.

but, for my personal favorite movie and a movie with some good actors and good story that didn't make all that much but one I really like, is Sneakers.

Wombat

First Post
For me the single best movie is and remains Casablanca, especially since it shouldn't have been as good as it is, given all the horrors of its production and the many hands stirring the pot.

After that, hard to tell for me...

I've seen Errol Flynn's The Adventures of Robin Hood over 50 (fifty) times -- I guess that says I like it. ;) And I have a grand fondness for The Princess Bride, The Lord of the Rings, The Seven Samurai, The Commitments, and I could just go on and on...

Overall I prefer to dwell on these moments of excellence rather than the dull heap that usually passes itself off as cinema ;)

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Wombat said:
I've seen Errol Flynn's The Adventures of Robin Hood over 50 (fifty) times -- I guess that says I like it. ;)
Well, I saw Rocky Horror well over a hundred times (shudder) -- that just says I was stupid. :lol: (Though I have seen TAoRH many times, too, and I also like it.) Best movie for me has to be The Lord of the Rings.

Qlippoth

Explorer
I can't pick just one. There are so many movies I like for so many reasons...

To Have And Have Not
Some Like It Hot
Election
Network
Raising Arizona
Duck Soup

OK, I'll take the plunge: His Girl Friday

ddvmor

I'm a little teapot!
Scarface is probably my all time favourite movie.
If we're just looking at sci-fi... how about Blade Runner - The Director's Cut?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
L.A.Takedown and Heat. I've seen both about a kajillion times.

Then of course Per un pugno di dollari, Per qualche dollaro in più, and Il Buono, il brutto, il cattivo.

Oh and Ronin since I went so feral about it's quality. :D

Allanon

Explorer
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, all time favorite movie. A New Hope was great and ofcourse being the first evokes quite some fond memories but nothing beats ST:tESB.

The Lord of the Rings, the whole trilogy. I loved it from beginning to end. I have some personal gripes with some editing and story decisions but still, I positively love it.

The Matrix, it was a shame that they never came around to making a sequel to that movie.

Turanil

First Post
Just to aggravate you both: Matrix I, but especially II and III are the best movies ever! :D

Pfff... There is so many good movies, that the question should not have been asked like this. so lets begin a new thread.

Remove ads