The Best Reason to see Avatar

MGibster

Legend
I'm going to be disappointed if Aqua's song doesn't feature in the movie somehow. Well, okay, not really. I'm not the demographic this movie is aimed at and am very, very unlikely to see it. But, out of love for my fellow human beings, I wish them luck and hope people enjoy it.

Retreater

Legend
I seem to have two thoughts at the moment. Avatar is still out- I thought that thing flopped. Is Barbie part of the MCU or the DCU- inquiring minds want to know.
Apparently it's going to be a big blockbuster, probably the biggest we've seen in the pandemic era.
I'm not happy about this because I predicted it would flop, and I hate being wrong. ;)
I guess this means we're going to have to see a barrage of ads for the next 6 movies as they're released over the next half century.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I'm going to be disappointed if Aqua's song doesn't feature in the movie somehow. Well, okay, not really. I'm not the demographic this movie is aimed at and am very, very unlikely to see it. But, out of love for my fellow human beings, I wish them luck and hope people enjoy it.

I am totally the demographic for this movie!

Ryan Gosling? Check.
Greta Gerwig? Super Check.
Margot Robie? Triple Checked.
Will Ferrell? Discount Double Check.
Issa Rae AND Simu Liu AND Michael Cera AND Rhea Pearlman AND Kate McKinnon? Czeched like two wild and crazy gays!

The only question is .... will it be the awesomest movie of this year? OR THIS CENTURY?*

*Competing in the "Non-John Wick Division," of course.

Saw on Disney.

The good-it’s pretty and I could watch it in chunks on Disney tv

Acting-meh. Aliens had and still has much more memorable dialogue . The bad guys were some of the worst I’ve seen in a good blockbuster movie. The Jurassic park human villians had more charisma
Story-predictable but there were 2-3 moments I thought were good (plug and play was creative)You don’t have to see first 1 but it helps. Could have been a lot lot shorter

At times it felt like watching a bay transformer movie. In the transformers movie the bad guys get cut in 1/2 and it’s hard to tell which deceptions got killed. Same with this

I hope the eventual 3rd 1 has a better plot

Ryujin

Legend
Saw on Disney.

The good-it’s pretty and I could watch it in chunks on Disney tv

Acting-meh. Aliens had and still has much more memorable dialogue . The bad guys were some of the worst I’ve seen in a good blockbuster movie. The Jurassic park human villians had more charisma
Story-predictable but there were 2-3 moments I thought were good (plug and play was creative)You don’t have to see first 1 but it helps. Could have been a lot lot shorter

At times it felt like watching a bay transformer movie. In the transformers movie the bad guys get cut in 1/2 and it’s hard to tell which deceptions got killed. Same with this

I hope the eventual 3rd 1 has a better plot
Finally watched on Disney+.

I think that the whole thing could be reduced to about an hour, easily, if they removed the "Ooo... Ahhh..." scenes that stretch for 10 minutes, Then again you'd be able to see how thin the story really is, without all of that eye candy.

Zardnaar

Legend

I think that the whole thing could be reduced to about an hour, easily, if they removed the "Ooo... Ahhh..." scenes that stretch for 10 minutes, Then again you'd be able to see how thin the story really is, without all of that eye candy.

Watched ot today.

And yeah daily paint by numbers.

MarkB

Legend

I started to watch it, but got bored about half an hour in. Couldn't find a reason to care about the protagonists, antagonists or anyone else.

Remove ads