The Best & Worst of 3rd Edition: Nominate the best of the rest (closed)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Thanks for all the posts!

I have just done a compiliation in my op.

If you can, please note specific products, thanks!

Altair

First Post
I'm hearing a lot of people replying "Ptolus". What exactly is Ptolus? The preview doesn't really tell you a lot about it.

eric mcloins

First Post
Ptolus is a deluxe campaign setting describing a single city. But what a city! There are virtually infinite dungeons beneath the streets, the greatest evils in the worlds reside within the walls of the city, as well as the greatest good.

It is amazingly detailed, but not dull. I challenged my players to come out with a practical question I couldn't give an answer to from the book (e.g. "where can we get a massage?"). They couldn't. It is edited wonderfully with references, giving you an easier access to the material in the book.

It is very easy to create adventures just from the stuff that's inside the book, but a few great adventures are available: The banewarrens, Night of Disoolution and Queen of Darekness.

If you just get one more 3.x product ever, my suggestion is: get Ptolus.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
EM thanks, I have added your picks.

One thing, I am not including stand alone games like Arcana Evolved/Unearthed in the poll.

Bacris

First Post
I'll second Hyperconscious. One of the few books for 3.5 I use for almost every character I play, be it powers, feats, items, or prestige classes.

I'd second my own book, but that's kind of cheesy :) (thanks, Deekin, for nominating it!)

I reserve the right to nominate some others after I've had a chance to go through my collection :)

DMH

First Post
Some pdf publishers first

Genjitsu's Metablades Expanded Edition and Shaping the Self (the latter is in my top 2 favorite rpg products)

En Publishing's The Fantastic Science

Primal Urge's Emerging Forms line, esp Esquam and Alathreen

Distant Horizon's Paths of Power (I & II), Eclipse and The Practical Enchanter

Bloodstone's Book of Broken Dreams

Ronin Art's Six Swarms and Campaign Planner (all 5 of them)

Print

Bastion's Wildwood, Alchemy & Herbalists and Ink & Quill

Atlas' Occult Lore

MEG's Foul Locals (all 3)

Troll Lord's Nation Builder

Remove ads