The big announcement: 4dventure

Garnfellow

Explorer
Definitely 4th edition. That sure looks like concept art in the top register, and a big D&D logo behind the dice. Let the era of "Unofficial 4th Edition News" begin.

Videssian

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Even though I know its not true, this would likely be the most evil, yet hilarious joke possible...but methinks that's stretching it. :)

So...24 hours to find out if its a joke or 4E, then the wonderful speculation as we'll likely get very little info.

Not if it was March 31st tonight (and it's not)... betcha they try that with "5th edition" this spring :)

Hopefully Morris won't have to sign a 24-hour NDA.. *hopes*

ColonelHardisson said:
I actually hope this is the 4e announcement. I wonder if Morrus will be able to post about it after his sit-down with WotC tonight?

I hope he posts ... and I hope it's not the announcement (for lots of reasons I won't go into here).

Mostly because if it is, after all the WOTC announcements of "No, we're not working on 4E, it's a long way off, etc, etc" they'd be revealed as lying corporate bastards.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Garnfellow said:
Definitely 4th edition. That sure looks like concept art in the top register, and a big D&D logo behind the dice. Let the era of "Unofficial 4th Edition News" begin.
Interestingly, none of the iconics appear to be in the art, and one of them has ram horns. (A tiefling?)

Geron Raveneye

Explorer
Hey, nice previews...will this be the next edition then that starts out fresh, exciting and simple, only to be buried under the masses of new options, splatbooks and sourcebooks two years later? It looks so new and innocent on that page...sketchy even, like the only thing it needs to be fleshed out is your imagination. :lol:

Videssian

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Interestingly, none of the iconics appear to be in the art, and one of them has ram horns. (A tiefling?)

Hmm.. it could be a play on "4th dimension", a.k.a. "Planescape replacement".. one could make a case for that...

Remove ads