The big announcement: 4dventure

johnnype

First Post
mhensley said:
4ealert.jpg
This is hilarious except for the fact that just yesterday you were at code yellow (Elevated) and now you've jumped Orange (High) and went straight to Red (Severe). I think your code is flawed. We should have had more warning. It should have been at Orange all this time. :lol:

Jonathan Drain

First Post
johnnype said:
This is hilarious except for the fact that just yesterday you were at code yellow (Elevated) and now you've jumped Orange (High) and went straight to Red (Severe). I think your code is flawed. We should have had more warning. It should have been at Orange all this time. :lol:

Surely if this is to mirror the real thing, we should stay at Guarded most of the time, switching to Elevated once in a while just to keep us on our toes?

Festivus

First Post
Friadoc said:
I'm gonna re-read through Star Wars Saga Edition tomorrow, since I've got a feeling that many aspect of that product are indicative of what's to come with 4e.

Hopefully, though, the dimensions of the book are not one of them.

It still feels odd, when I hold the thing. *grins*

I almost want to say that the shape of the book was intentional as a copy protection mechanism. Harder to scan / print a odd shaped duck.

Jonathan Drain

First Post
Corinth said:
I need a bulletproof answer to this question before I go to 4E: "Why play this when I can just play WOW?"

Why play any D&D game when you could play WoW?

Unfortunately, a lot of people who used to play D&D now prefer the WoW experience. I think a new edition can get a lot of those people playing again, but there are some people who find the dice and paper thing a bore.

Glyfair

Explorer
Jonathan Drain said:
Unfortunately, a lot of people who used to play D&D now prefer the WoW experience. I think a new edition can get a lot of those people playing again, but there are some people who find the dice and paper thing a bore.

I think there are a lot of reasons besides that. I've had a few who like it because getting a group together is too much of a headache. They can get online and start playing without having to play event planner and find a time that fits in everyone's schedule.

Klaus

First Post
Corinth said:
I need a bulletproof answer to this question before I go to 4E: "Why play this when I can just play WOW?"
Unending adaptability.

In WoW you can only do the tasks, go on the quests and make the characters built into the game.

In D&D (4e or otherwise), you can do anything, go anywhere, be anyone.

Remathilis

Legend
johnnype said:

Ever seen how the real threat level adviser worked? ;)

Ishmayl

First Post
Erik Mona said:
Pathfinder and the GameMastery Modules are 3.5 until 4.0 comes out. After that it'll be an issue of the terms of the OGL and a variety of other factors, including what our readers tell us they want us to do.

--Erik

I don't think there's a single quote anywhere else on any D&D-related sites that expresses my sentiments on how a publisher should act more than Erik's statement here. If only WotC had people saying "including what our readers tell us they want us to do."

Remove ads