• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The big announcement: 4dventure

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Erik Mona said:
We're pretty much as in the dark as everyone. I have reason to believe I'll know more soon, but it's way, way, WAY to early to say what our plans are, because we haven't made them yet.

Pathfinder and the GameMastery Modules are 3.5 until 4.0 comes out. After that it'll be an issue of the terms of the OGL and a variety of other factors, including what our readers tell us they want us to do.--Erik

And that right there is why we love supporting Paizo. They have always listened to their customer base.
Honestly though if 4E is very restrictive on it's OGL'ness, I can see Paizo as the leader in our divergent fork staying in 3.5E.

Yeti

Son_of_Thunder

Explorer
Ya, I'm cautiously optimistic as well. The extent of my 3.x books are three 3.0 PH's, the 3.5 SRD and a hand full of Malhavok PDF's, so I'm not that heavily vested in 3.x. The group I play in currently runs 2nd and if 4th is as simple as pre-d20 I might look at it.

Son_of_Thunder

Explorer
So do I read the DI correctly when I can purchase an online book and it's updated for free when and if there are rule changes and errata? So no Polymorph in 5 odd books for example?

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
mhensley said:
4ealert.jpg

That is awesome.

Irda Ranger

First Post
Son_of_Thunder said:
So do I read the DI correctly when I can purchase an online book and it's updated for free when and if there are rule changes and errata? So no Polymorph in 5 odd books for example?
That would be nice, as long as they let you "Comment" your house rules in the margins, and those comments are persistent from rule version to version.

BUT, they better have a good change log to print out, and you better read it, because 4e's Polymorph won't work the same from session to session.

pallen

First Post
EricNoah said:
My goal is to stick with 3e and yet avoid becoming a bitter grognard. Possible? We'll find out...
When I saw that Eric was posting to this thread, I just had to add my 2 cents.

I was happy playing the 2e grognard role when I first heard that Wizards was working on 3e. Then I found that stinkin' Eric Noah blog. And I kept finding myself reacting to his different updates, "Hey that's a good idea." or "Ooh, I'll have to add that house rule to my game". And I ended up being a convert.

And it's all your fault, Eric Noah!

EricNoah

Adventurer
pallen said:
Then I found that stinkin' Eric Noah blog.

The word "blog" didn't exist back then. That's how long ago it was! :D I simply called it "Eric Noah's Unofficial D&D Third Edition News." Rolls right off the tongue...

Xyxox

Hero
EricNoah said:
The word "blog" didn't exist back then. That's how long ago it was! :D I simply called it "Eric Noah's Unofficial D&D Third Edition News." Rolls right off the tongue...

And now there are things like my Xyxox Plog , which is a Project Log.

:D

BTW, Eric, lookslike your avatar needs an upgrade.

:lol:

Jonathan Drain

First Post
GreatLemur said:
Anybody thinking "tieflings as a core race", yet?

I thought of that. I've assumed that the art could be from the Monster Manual or some other book. No edition to date has made tieflings a core race I'd hate to see the negative PR from a game that lets you play "demons".

Remove ads