• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The big announcement: 4dventure

mhensley

First Post
4ealert.jpg

mhensley

First Post
Maggan said:
Now is the time to dredge up those "when do you think 4e is due" threads, and start tallying up who was right and who was wrong.

As far as I remember, some people have been predicting 2008 since sometime 2005. I know I've gone on record in threads as saying 2008. Which was just a hunch as much as anything.

So those with search access! Go wild!

:)

/M

I predicted this in 2006. The naysayers may apologize now.

Akhena

Explorer
So 4th is coming...

Maybe it's been already pointed out. But did anyone notice that the path adventure from Paizo Publishing is going till ... April 2008. And I read that 4th starts in May 2008. I say there are no coincidence. The Paizo people knew very well what was going to happen, and they got ready for it. An adventure path till 4th is released and maybe they are already preparing their next adevnture path to be used with 4th edition rules.

But maybe this is just a coincidence... :p

Numion

First Post
This is good news. Probably they'll improve the game, and if they don't, well, I have two adventure paths and Ptolus 1-20 campaign to play.

Numion

First Post
mhensley said:
I predicted this in 2006. The naysayers may apologize now.

Well, people have predicted 4E since 3.5E, so it's hardly suprising someone was actually right. Like, you know, broken clock is right twice a day, unless it's a digital watch and doesn't show anything.

Tharen the Damned

First Post
Akhena said:
So 4th is coming...

Maybe it's been already pointed out. But did anyone notice that the path adventure from Paizo Publishing is going till ... April 2008. And I read that 4th starts in May 2008. I say there are no coincidence. The Paizo people knew very well what was going to happen, and they got ready for it. An adventure path till 4th is released and maybe they are already preparing their next adevnture path to be used with 4th edition rules.

But maybe this is just a coincidence... :p

Yes, it is coincidence. Somehwere between page 1 and here Erik Mona mentioned that they were in the dark concerning 4th ed too. As for Pathfinder, they have no plans yet but they will listen to what the subscribers/buyers say.
I believe them.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Someone needs to come up with a grognard anthem...

I've always known 4E was in the works, but I did not think it was coming until 2009 - its beating my predictions by about 18 months or so.

As a gamer, ambivalence is a good term for how I feel. 3E was better than 2E, and 3.5E better still but now I'm in my 30s, and if not quite set in my ways I am a little resentful of change for the sake of change (as in money change in someone’s pocket) and so 4E will have to be pretty good for me to bother.

As an occasional RPG supplement writer, I'm wondering how this will play out. It also seems exceptionally unlikely that 4E will simply be OGL. But it might be licensed – at heavy expense – to third party publishers. It seems unlikely OGL and d20 will be folded up, but it probably will be forgotten and neglected by gamers, in which case for all intents and purposes it will still just “go away.”

Please, do not presume to lecture me about how WotC and Hasbro are for profit enterprises. I am not retarded and I know that – but nothing about capitalist philosophy says I have to start being stupidly giddy when this kind of thing happens.

I bet my pet hermit crabs that Forgotten Realms will be kept and brought forwards, a nameless version of Grayhawk will also be kept as the default setting. I wonder about Eberron…

mhensley

First Post
Numion said:
Well, people have predicted 4E since 3.5E, so it's hardly suprising someone was actually right. Like, you know, broken clock is right twice a day, unless it's a digital watch and doesn't show anything.

It's a nice change of pace to be right once in while. I also predicted that WOTC would get totally out of the miniatures business when they dumped Chainmail - oops, that was kinda wrong... :eek:

Remove ads