• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The big announcement: 4dventure

Talath

Explorer
JDragon said:
On another note, this announcement is not being received with a lot of goodwill on my part. Having just gotten my last issue of Dungeon in the mail today and expecting my last of Dragon any day now I'm still a bit pissed that they killed them the way the did. (I know they are being moved to the DI, but how ever you spin it they KILLED them, IMHO.) Add to that the fact that we have been told again & again that 4e was a long ways off (as quoted somewhere earlier in this thread), I'm just not buying that. Announcing a new product approx 6 months after that statement for what appears to be a release in less than a year is NOT A FREAKIN' "Long way off"! /rant

JD

10 monthes is a short time to release a new edition. 3e had a berth of time.

Berandor

lunatic
Done. Phew. Now to wait another 12 hours, and then until December? Dangit, I want some goods.

Our current campaign (Shackled City, closing on three years now) will finish in 3.5, possibly just in time for the MM to appear in July. And then? We don't use miniatures, so that might get in the way of switching. Less prep time, however... that would be good.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Fifth Element said:
People have been "calling" 4E for several years now. Being the most recent is not necessarily being the best prognosticator.

Now is the time to dredge up those "when do you think 4e is due" threads, and start tallying up who was right and who was wrong.

As far as I remember, some people have been predicting 2008 since sometime 2005. I know I've gone on record in threads as saying 2008. Which was just a hunch as much as anything.

So those with search access! Go wild!

:)

/M

Tharen the Damned

First Post
This is my 4cast:
If 4th edition is currently designed, where are the playtesters?
I mean there have to be some people out there gloating because they now how it will be.
Right?
Or, do they go without Playtesters?
Only the WOC Staff tests?
Then, I definetly wait for 4.5.
Have a look at 3.0 Playtester List and see how many changes they made for 3.5.
No think about 4.0 done without external playtesters.
We will see what the future brings.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Fifth Element said:
People have been "calling" 4E for several years now. Being the most recent is not necessarily being the best prognosticator.

I gave into the notion of a 4th edition when I saw that Cook was getting out of RPGs.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Maggan said:
Now is the time to dredge up those "when do you think 4e is due" threads, and start tallying up who was right and who was wrong.

As far as I remember, some people have been predicting 2008 since sometime 2005. I know I've gone on record in threads as saying 2008. Which was just a hunch as much as anything.

So those with search access! Go wild!

:)

/M

Clark Peterson mentioned it back in May of this year. (http://p208.ezboard.com/fnecromancergamesfrm9.showMessage?topicID=553.topic)

That's 1. :)

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
If they make a faster game that I can port all of my 3.x stuff to with ease, then I'm all for it.

However, I'm not going to buy *yet another* FR Campaign Setting and rehash of similar setting books.

I've spent so much on this stuff that I'm thinking this is a good reason to get off the train.

Plus, the good news is that my Pathfinder subscription credit should take me through the end of 3.5 nicely.

The thing that really pisses me off though, is that Tegal Manor now will probably be retooled for 4E and it won't mesh well with my other 3E JG stuff.

Remove ads