• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Bluestar

The_Universe

First Post
It occurs to me that we never really determined what memories Xath and Justice had extracted from the Bluestar, nor did we ever see if those memories would have an effect on their sanity.

This is a good place to hammer that out.

Look at the pretty In-character tag!

The_Universe

First Post
No. There's nothing related to this that you'd need to roll. Besides, even if you don't have a D20 at work, you can always go here: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm to roll all the dice you want, all from the security of your computer screen.

Anyway, when we originally talked about the Bluestar's memories (even though Justice's were limited to memories that involved Thane Apecto, and Xath's were limited to things dealing with Mordred the Black) were like a cancer in your minds, although a dormant one, for the moment. However, the more you access the Bluestar's twisted thoughts, the more likely something...dangerous...could happen. As such, they weren't being picked through easily. To fully open your mind to them would result in death or worse...so they must be accessed only sparingly, and carefully even then.

I know that Xath has attempted to access the memories on a couple of occasions... and Justice probably has 3 or 4 times - though, I don't know that any of those times were "in game"...

Laurel

First Post
the trouble with mind melds

Does the circle automatically get the backwash of the cancerous craze through the rings?
You had said there was, while much slighter then those with the memories themselves, a repercussion. Since it had stated that what Xath and Justice knew everyone got the information passed on through the rings.

The_Universe

First Post
The rings limit the destructive powers of the memories, but if they access them while you're in range...it's uncomfortable, to say the least.

Does that help?

Xath

Moder-gator
I think Xath would have told the circle the information, but I don't think she would want to pass the backlash through the rings. If that happened even once, she'd remove the rings any time she was accessing the memories.

That may be a problem - we all know that Xath is not very strong willed... if she removes the rings while accessing the memories, it really puts her at extreme risk.

Laurel

First Post
Just as long as we stick with the agreed whatever gets accessed gets to be known by at the very least all of the circle.

The whole how crazy or if it comes directly through the rings isn't a biggy, but didn't want later to have a shock with something. So however :) i think most would trust and prefer the simple verbal explanation.

Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
That may be a problem - we all know that Xath is not very strong willed... if she removes the rings while accessing the memories, it really puts her at extreme risk.
So - if Xath is trying to access the memories while the ring is off - she may have to be doing it in secret... which, in our current situation, wouldn't be very hard. (all doing our own thing, etc)

Remove ads