• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Bluestar

If someone with a stronger Will (read: will save) were to be within the 30' range of Xath while accessing, would it be easier for her to access? So, if she hangs out with Justice, Archon, and Kaereth while access, does it become easier?

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
I think Xath would have told the circle the information, but I don't think she would want to pass the backlash through the rings. If that happened even once, she'd remove the rings any time she was accessing the memories.
That's what this thread should be about - when did she access the memories, and what did she (and Justice) get out of the attempts?

Anyway, the discomfort that bleeds from the rings is significant, but it's *nothing* compared to what the bearer of the memories is feeling while accessing them. So, while it may not be pleasant, it's probably better than letting them go mad in privacy.

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
If someone with a stronger Will (read: will save) were to be within the 30' range of Xath while accessing, would it be easier for her to access? So, if she hangs out with Justice, Archon, and Kaereth while access, does it become easier?
It's REALLY easy to access the memories, and shutting them off doesn't require a save - yet. It really depends on how often/how much they're accessed if they'll become a problem, instead of just an inconvenience.

Laurel

First Post
Just a thought :):):):)

Universe, do you want a list of questions/events/thoughts that Xath and Justice have specifically probed for?

As I think Kennon was trying to do, sorry I got things off track, but if there are only three things they want to know and don't access the memories for too long this may solve all the issues of who is around, how mad the person has become, and what thier feelings towards the thoughts that now seem as thier own are effecting them.

Maybe even list the most important things first knowing how horrible the repercussions are. Then as those get answered and the effects can be seen more can be asked if absolutly necessary.

As for who is around and who has a direct link and all that. I think the circle will want at least one memember, whoever the memory person wants, with them when they access these memories to insure thier saftey and well being. We know it's not going to be pleasant, but we also aren't exactly sure what will happen. No one should be alone for that just in case.

Justice has accessed the memories to try to understand the early structure of the church - to find out if Thane had much to do with it.

She has relived the final battle between Big Blue and Thane, as well as explored what all Thane did to try to kill Big Blue.

She has explored early memories of Thane, when they were friends - as well as when Big Blue turned on Thane.

These are all things that she would want to know - though, she doesn't have the info about all of them.

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Universe, do you want a list of questions/events/thoughts that Xath and Justice have specifically probed for?

As I think Kennon was trying to do, sorry I got things off track, but if there are only three things they want to know and don't access the memories for too long this may solve all the issues of who is around, how mad the person has become, and what thier feelings towards the thoughts that now seem as thier own are effecting them.

Maybe even list the most important things first knowing how horrible the repercussions are. Then as those get answered and the effects can be seen more can be asked if absolutly necessary.

As for who is around and who has a direct link and all that. I think the circle will want at least one memember, whoever the memory person wants, with them when they access these memories to insure thier saftey and well being. We know it's not going to be pleasant, but we also aren't exactly sure what will happen. No one should be alone for that just in case.
Good call. :)

Xath

Moder-gator
Having the rings on or off will not make a difference in Will save, just as casting Message doesn't give you a will save bonus. So Xath, IC, is just saving the rest of the circle from the mental discomfort. Them feeling the insanity will not help one way or the other, and she *will* tell them all of the information.

I know I posted whenever Xath accessed the memories, but all I can remember is her reliving the final battle between the Bluestar (and companions) and Mordred the Black.

The_Universe

First Post
What He Remembers

Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Justice has accessed the memories to try to understand the early structure of the church - to find out if Thane had much to do with it.
The structure of the early church had not been finalized (or even started) while Thane was still alive, so far as the Bluestar remembers. When they were adventuring together, he recalls in various instances the loss of the Apecto's faith in the old gods, and a growing suspicion that there was something...beyond them. Eventually, Oberon confirmed much of what the Apecto had come to suspect, though the Bluestar remained suspicious of the existence of any truly benevolent deific force, regardless of its name, appearance, etc.

From the Bluestar's perspective (after his own fall from mortality), the Apecto was a general, a warrior - not a church administrator. He had followers, certainly - but they were organized more like a military company than a church. Thane was only truly immortalized as a saint after his death, and the church has grown over the last thousand years, gaining theological stability in the wake of Thane's great sacrifice. All the Bluestar can recall with certainty is that an "Apectan Church" had not arisen in any concrete form until at least a century after her had been trapped in the North.

She has relived the final battle between Big Blue and Thane, as well as explored what all Thane did to try to kill Big Blue.
The Bluestar remembers being slain more than once, usually by the mace that the Bluestar asked you to protect (it seems obvious now why he did not want to keep it). When they met personally on the field (instead of slaying each other's minions) the Bluestar would try to slay the Apecto with a powerful spell, but the Apecto's skill with abjuration was strong - he was usually more than protected enough to block the attack, though injury often resulted, anyway.

The Bluestar was able to kill the Apecto only because he overextended himself, holding The Bluestar long enough that the Deathward could be completed.

She has explored early memories of Thane, when they were friends - as well as when Big Blue turned on Thane.
The Bluestar turned on no one! He came to see the greater truths, and sought what was rightfully his - the world. They failed to give him his due, and by that, turned on him.

:)

Remove ads