• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Burning Crusade

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I have to say, this is my smoothest expansion launch to date, having played four different MMORPGs to date. A bit of lag, but nowhere near as unplayable as when WoW originally launched. And I'm loving Outland in general, especially that all the factions have PVP-style rewards as you improve your standing with them. The third best gun in the game (I play a dwarf hunter) just requires level 70 and Exalted faction with Honor Hold, meaning anyone can do it with sufficient patience and Hellfire Citadel runs.

So far, on day one, a big thumbs-up.

Lorgrom

First Post
I am still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that on all the servers that have characters ether I or a friend play on. Alread have gear level 61-70 avalible for sale in the AH. People have way to much time on thier hands, lol.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Talk about too much time on your hands: I've seen two people (non-draenei) who have elekks already. The amount of runecloth they must have farmed in preparation makes my head spin.

Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Talk about too much time on your hands: I've seen two people (non-draenei) who have elekks already. The amount of runecloth they must have farmed in preparation makes my head spin.
I'm still waiting until tomorrow for my CE to arrive here...but...are you sure it isn't the PvP version(if there is one) of the Elekk that they've got?

Pants

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I have to say, this is my smoothest expansion launch to date, having played four different MMORPGs to date.
The day is young...

Suramar keeps crashing and one of my discs was semi-defective. Yup, smooth as ice! ;)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
I'm still waiting until tomorrow for my CE to arrive here...but...are you sure it isn't the PvP version(if there is one) of the Elekk that they've got?
There isn't one. There was a gnome on a great purple elekk (epic speed) and a human on a great blue elekk.

Silver Hand started to get laggier as more folks logged on, but even with approximately half the players on the server in one zone (the rather large Hellfire Peninsula), it never got unplayable, like the server would be when the game was first launched and it was equally full of folks.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Smoothest launch?

0_0

Ok. I take it it was smooth for *you*. If you take a gander on the WoW Tech support forum, the posts are flying once ever 3 seconds and people are screaming.

I know. My wife has been screaming for the past 3.5 hours trying to install this thing. It has now wiped her entire WoW install (never mind BC).

I appreciate that you are having fun and it went well for you. Good to hear it. A1...

But my ears are still ringing from the 10th level Curse (Epic) cast on Blizzard and all of the developers' phalluses from the other side of my computer room a few hours ago.

It ain't all wine and roses with WoW:Burning Crusade :)

Rackhir

Explorer
In anything involving more than about 2 people you are always going to be able to find someone who's had a bad experience with something.

Things were pretty smooth for me I'd have to say. Some minor problems getting things installed and patched up to the current version that took maybe an extra 15 min to work through. But nothing worse than with a number of patches in the past.

There were some server glitches, but logging out and logging back in fixed them. Some lag in spots. But all in all, things worked fine. I am liking the new gear definitely.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Steel_Wind said:
Smoothest launch?

0_0

Ok. I take it it was smooth for *you*.
"Smoothest" does not mean "smooth." It means "smoothest compared to other expansion launches." Compare to any EQ1 expansion launch, the CoV launch, etc. EverQuest essentially shut down -- for everyone since there were no instances in those days -- for multiple days when Shadows of Luclin came out, for instance.

Remove ads