• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Burning Crusade

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
I reopened my account for the expansion and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Currently working on a human warlock (which is unfortunate because I'm not really experiencing TBC content) on Executus. At the very least, it's the most fun I've ever had leveling a class in this game. Kinda surprised I never tried one before.

After a year-long hiatus I never thought I'd come back to this game, but looks like Blizzard did it again...

Pants

First Post
cignus_pfaccari said:
Zangarmarsh is about the same level as Hellfire, and Terokkar Forest is a bit higher.
I gotta say, Zangarmarsh is the coolest new zone in the game. I love the look of the giant mushroom forests and the local fauna.

Super cool :)

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
So can you go to any new areas without going to the new 58+ zone? Where do the Blood Elves come from?

P.S. I hate having Elves on my side. I keep wanting to attack them. The Horde doesn't need no stinkin' Elves!!

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
I believe you do need the expansion to get to the Blood Elf and Draenei zones. Blood Elves come from northern Azeroth, I believe north of the plague lands. Their capital is Silvermoon City. Draenei have a nice little island off the coast of Kalimdor where their transdimensional spacecraft crash landed.

I can't decide of the Draenei are really spelljammer pirates or just the protoss. :D

Rackhir

Explorer
Flexor the Mighty! said:
So can you go to any new areas without going to the new 58+ zone? Where do the Blood Elves come from?

P.S. I hate having Elves on my side. I keep wanting to attack them. The Horde doesn't need no stinkin' Elves!!

I feel your pain. I hate elves too. So does Penny Arcade

20061017.jpg

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Today I finally got sick of the crappy LFG setup and the loss of the LFG channel and I canceled my sub. I got sick of waiting around for hours trying to put a group together. I'm done with WoW.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:
Today I finally got sick of the crappy LFG setup and the loss of the LFG channel and I canceled my sub. I got sick of waiting around for hours trying to put a group together. I'm done with WoW.

D'oh! That sucks. One benefit of playing Alliance is that there're usually 3x as many people to group with. (And our elves aren't crackheads...)

Though, yes, the new LFG tool is...cumbersome. People tend to use General or the Trade channels for finding people for off-the-cuff groups, though I've also done quickie-groups with other random people looking for one mob in particular.

Brad

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:

That's a shame. I'm sorry to hear that. I understand the frustration that can ensue when looking for a group. I honestly would not be playing this game if I didn't have real life friends to play it with.

LFG is one of the things Blizzard has yet to get right. First the meeting stones, then the global LFG channel, now this awkward, Battle.net-like LFG mechanic. Their latest iteration is certainly the best, but it's still far inferior to simply spamming "LFG" in General every five minutes.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
From what I can see, if you are not in a very active large guild, or regularly gaming with friends, you are in for a lot of soloing. I tried to run Mara all weekend and I probably spent 5 hours just trying to put more people into the group. Very frustrating.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Flexor the Mighty! said:
Oof, that's what killed EQ1 for a lot of folks.

WoW certainly works a lot better with a guild or a group of friends.

Remove ads