The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
You make your way into the Captain's quarters at the rear of the ship (under the aftdeck which you were fighting the blazing skeleton on). The whole room is scorched and burnt to the baseboards. What looks like it was once a bed is now a pile of ash. A desk and chair is a mostly burned wreck with small fragments of paper littering the floor around it. No scrap is bigger than an inch square and nothing of interest or value is seen on them.

After a cursory search, you come to the conclusion that if there was a chest or anything else of value in this room, it was destroyed by fire long ago.

Halford

First Post
"Right well lets take five minutes te get our breath back 'n' then make our way below decks - everyone okay with that?" Brudd says setting aboput his normal after battle ritual as he pulls out the armor polish.

"Burned loot, its a sin ain't it boss? I 'ope it finds its way te ye!" The Minotaur says genially looking upward as he buffs his horns with a rag.

OOC: How do you get into the hold? The stairs at the prow do not go down do they?

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC1: There are ladders leading down into the hold from the 2 big black square holes on the deck where you fought the skeletons. There is also a set of stairs leading down to the hold within the room under the forecastle at the other end of the ship from the Captain's cabin.

OOC2: The dwarven 'employer' did not come over to this ship with you. He and his dwarven mates stayed on the Bloody Wake with Captain Azrael.

Alexander's eyes roam over the destroyed room until something catches his eye. Using his sword tip to move aside some of the burnt remains of the desk, he uncovers a gem covered in ash and darkened by soot. It must have been in one of the desk drawers before the whole thing burnt up. Rubbing off the soot, he finds a beautiful gem that must be worth around 100 gold.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Here, this is a nice one. Says Alexander, showing the gem to the others. Maybe there are others around. Let's look for them.

OOC:I'd say we can take 20 and search for whatever's been lost in the room?

Phoenix8008

First Post
After a longer and more thorough search that gets all who participate covered in ash and soot, no other valuable items are found within the Captain's cabin.

Atanatotatos

First Post
...I would guess somebody took the gems, and dropped this one., comments Alexander. What do we do now? What if the dwarf is trying to fool us?, he continues, with a bad look in his eyes.

The Digger

First Post
Girth, now pretty well fully healed, beams widely at Alexander.

"So! You see now, friend Alexander? How you fortunate are? Correct I was. And worry you not about our employer. Cursed be the man that will try to cheat us. You will see...!"

With that he raises his eyes to the invisible sky. "Yes my Lady. We hurry will."

[sblock=OOC]Surge + Healing Word +3 will take Girth to nearly full HP.

Phoenix; I'm fine with your ideas. It's your game - your rules, that goes without saying - problem is I can't afford MM :.-(. But don't worry, Girth will manage somehow.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Sorry if I'm being thick, but it's not clear to me: have we only searched one room of the ship, and there's a lot of ship left to search, or have we exhaustively searched the whole ship and discovered the gems aren't there? Obviously, if there's ship left to search, I think we'll keep searching it.

Remove ads