The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Girth tries to blast the remaining skeleton with eldritch energy, but fails to hit it. He then moves forward... (to where exactly?)
-Alexander moves and charges at the skeleton, smashing it soundly. He slices at it again and damages it a bit more while allowing Quagmire to shift away from the heat of the skeleton. (How is that a 'wasted crit'? Just asking. I know in 3E undead were immune to crits, but they are not immune in 4E.)
-Brudd also tries to attack the skeleton from range and misses the mark.
-Quagmire moves slightly and then turns to charge at the blazing skeleton, using his shield to push the creature back a step towards the back railing of the ship. (I'll say you could shift 2 on Alex's turn to H4, then on Quag's turn you could move to H5 before turning to charge the creature so that you get the required movement of 2 spaces before hitting the target. Close enough.)

-The blazing skeleton claws at Alexander and gets through his armor to rip and burn the man's flesh (for 4 damage). He was already sweating from the proximity of heat pouring off the creature, but as it hits him his clothes catch on fire... (ongoing 5 fire damage, save ends)

-Hrav, Girth, Alexander, Brudd, and Quagmire...
[sblock=Inits & Status]18-Brudd 23/28 HP
17-Quagmire
17-S1 dead
17-S2 dead
13-D1 dead
13-D2 dead
13-D3 dead
13-D4 dead
13-D5 dead
13-D6 dead
13-D7 dead
13-D8 dead
10-Blazing Skeleton 45 damage(bloodied)
09-Hrav 24/26 HP
08-Girth 20/30 HP
05-Alexander 24/35 HP

Blazing skeleton claw at Alex AC (1d20+8=23, 1d4+1=4)[/sblock]
attachment.php

Attachments

• CC E6 Skull and Bones8.JPG
    CC E6 Skull and Bones8.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Hrav charges the last foe standing.

[sblock=Mechanics]Standard action - Charge versus the Blazing Skeleton with rapier (Ending in G3).

Charge (1d20+7+1=20, 1d10+4=6)

Hits AC 20 for 6 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue 1
Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +16
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:11 -- Speed:6
HP:24/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:4/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers-
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Torturous Strike
Predatory Eye

Blinding Barrage

Full character sheet[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry, should have said. Girth moved to G6.[/sblock]

Laughing uncontrollably by now, the warlock cries out "Hit him, my bonny boys. Death, real death his fate is."

With these words he calls down the wrath of his Lady upon the 'sack of bones'.

[sblock=OOC]Dire Radiance vs Fort: 17+4 = 21: Damage (if hit) = 7 + Curse damage of 3; Roll Lookup Roll Lookup [/sblock]

[sblock=Game Rules question]Wouldn't it speed things up a lot if the defences of the monsters were given? If I knew an attack was a miss then I needn't bother rolling damage or for other actions dependant on hitting. I'm not neccessarily asking for 'free' knowledge but perhaps we could have a 'pause' at the start of combat to allow skill checks (like my question about skeletons and radiant damage).[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander suffers a big deal of damage from the skeleton's fire, but he seems unfazed, and, shifting to flank it with Hrav, continues to hit his foe even harder.
Damn, it's hot here! Time to turn of the light uh? he grins, as his own prowess gives him courage.

[sblock=actions]move:shift to E1;standard:Comeback strike, 27 vs AC, 15 dmg and Alex spends a healing surge[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 1
Initiative:+1 Passive perception:18 Passive Insight:12
AC:19 For:17 Ref:14 Will:13
HP:22/35 Bloodied:17 Surges value:8 Surges/day:7/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:0 Second Wind:1
Basic Attack: +8 vs AC, 1d8+4
Opportunity attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+4
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron
Covering Attack
Comeback strike[/sblock]

I forgot the saving throw: 1(!!!!)

ooc:well, not really "wasted", but I rolled two criticals on two basic attacks, and max dmg on 1d8 isn't so hot, especially when I rolled two 1s on dmg for the encounter immediately after...

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Checking the map which I added once more to the post above, the only thing Hrav could charge/attack at G3 would be Quagmire. Not to worry though, since Girth is able to finish it off! Digger, I'd rather not give out the monsters defense scores. It's already easy enough for anybody that wants to look in the MM and find the stats for any of these creatures without much difficulty. As for doing multiple rolls on Invisible Castle, I usually combine mine into one roll anyway like "1d20+8;1d8+4". Then you have attack and damage all in one place. I usually have to add the "+" signs back in for some reason when I copy the BBcode over to the boards here, but it still beats typing it out.

-Hrav charges up to join the fight, but can't easily reach the foe.
-Girth summons another blast of dark light which snuffs the creatures flame and shatters its bones to the decking.
(Since the skeleton is gone, I'll say Alexander has time now to be able to put out his fire so after that one round of 5 damage he's fine. No need for another save.)

Atanatotatos

First Post
ok so no daily expenditure... for Alex... he instead espends two healing surges.

[sblock=mini-stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 1
Initiative:+1 Passive perception:18 Passive Insight:12
AC:19 For:17 Ref:14 Will:13
HP:30/35 Bloodied:17 Surges value:8 Surges/day:6/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:0 Second Wind:1
Basic Attack: +8 vs AC, 1d8+4
Opportunity attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+4
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron
Covering Attack
Comeback strike[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"Well done, Girth," Quagmire slaps the madman on the back with a large hand, careful to keep his claws away. "Now, I believe we have a treasure to find."

ooc: use the other inspiring word on Girth. Can heal 1d6+surge.

Halford

First Post
"Great job fellas, looks like these boney buggers 'ave been laid te rest well 'n' truly." Brudd comments grinning viciously, "I suppose we ought te check out the Captain's cabin first, 'n' then move inte the hold?"

Anyone who desires it is suffused with Hadeys dark light of healing and the Minotaur is soon hail and hearty again. He moves towards the cabin on the upper deck looking to his companions inquirigly.

OOC: Anyone still injured can be healed by a Healing Word rather than a simple surge for an additionl 1d6+3.

garyh

First Post
"Aye, if there's a valuable chest here, the captain's quarters'll probably be where it's found," Hrav agrees.

OOC: Hrav finished the fight at 24/26 HP, with 4/8 surges left and will not use a surge at this point.

Remove ads