The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Halford

First Post
OOC: Well you can choose to swap the feat at 2nd level, perhaps you could change it to quarry instead? And of course you gain an additional feat at 2nd.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Mmm.. I could swap for quarry, I suppose, but sneak attack fits this character concept much better, both thematically and tactically. What I'd like to do, if our DM and Judge allow it, is just to declare that Quagmire had a shortsword all along, and did 1 less damage (per W) with each hit than has been recorded. I'll evaluate at 2nd level whether to spend a feat to get a rapier or to just live with the shortsword damage. Quagmire isn't really about doing lots of damage, anyway, he's about making sure his teammates do lots of damage. Sneak attack fits perfectly with that, because it synergizes well with flanking, which is something he's trying to do anyway. Quarry would be detrimental, since it would predispose him to concentrate on one target, which would undermine his tactical thing.

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=Sneak Attacking Quagmire]
* Slowly descends and lands in a cloud of smoke *

Well stick me in a mind flayer suit and drop me on a githyanki skiff, I completely missed that Quagmire was sneak attacking with a longsword all along! I think it a fine resolution if the longsword is simply changed to short sword and assumed to always have been so.

An obvious but perhaps less favorable alternative is to simply keep the longsword and play by the rules from now on, keeping a slight damage edge in general but lose out on sneak attacks for now. Then he could buy a short sword when in town and switch weapons depending on combat situation (same goes for retconning to short sword and later buying a longsword).

* Fires up jetpack and flies towards horizon *
[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
[sblock=Jetpacks]Judges get jetpacks? Thats what this thing does! I was wondering, so this button is.... *woosh* *blammo!*[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=xp]oh, phoenix, phoenix, where art thou?

I was making some calculations about our xp after hearing that some githyanki turned 2nd lvl... So, correct me if I'm wrong:

Phoenix said we were at 575 xp before this encounter.
We've been adventuring since the 23rd of September, almost two months worth of time xp, which makes 166.
So that makes 741.
For this encounter I count 140 xp each.
So... 881? Am I counting right? [/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=xp]oh, phoenix, phoenix, where art thou?

I was making some calculations about our xp after hearing that some githyanki turned 2nd lvl... So, correct me if I'm wrong:

Phoenix said we were at 575 xp before this encounter.
We've been adventuring since the 23rd of September, almost two months worth of time xp, which makes 166.
So that makes 741.
For this encounter I count 140 xp each.
So... 881? Am I counting right? [/sblock]
Actually, this encounter will be 150 each. So after this fight and the 23rd the total will be 891. I'll be posting for this adventure tonight after Heroes is over. :angel:

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Waiting until after Brudd, Quagmire moves and smashes the skeleton between them. As it tries to turn towards this new threat, Brudd smashes it again as well. S2 falls to pieces at their feet.

-The other skeleton steps forward and slashes at Girth with its longsword, cutting him for 7 damage.

-The blazing skeleton conjures another flame orb and hurls it at Girth who is closest to it. The fires burn the warlock for 8 damage. (Girth is now bloodied) It also fails its save to remove Girth's -2 to Will Def.

-Hrav, then Girth, then Alexander, then Brudd, then Quagmire can go.

[sblock=Inits & Status]
18-Brudd 23/28 HP
17-Quagmire
17-S1 18 damage
17-S2 dead
13-D1 dead
13-D2 dead
13-D3 dead
13-D4 dead
13-D5 dead
13-D6 dead
13-D7 dead
13-D8 dead
10-Blazing Skeleton
09-Hrav 24/26 HP
08-Girth 15/30
05-Alexander

S1 attacks Girth. (1d20+10=14, 1d8+2=7)
Blazing skeleton flame orb at Girth Ref. (1d20+8=15, 2d4+4=8)
Blazing Skeleton save or stay -2 Will Def. (1d20=1)[/sblock]
attachment.php

OOC: As far as Quagmire's weapon goes, if you want to retcon it to a short sword instead that's fine with me. But then again I'm barely awake at the keyboard right now, so I might not be thinking clearly or typing in English for all I know.

Attachments

• CC E6 Skull and Bones6.JPG
    CC E6 Skull and Bones6.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 104

garyh

First Post
"Let's finish these bone piles!" Hrav shouts. He moves over to the skeleton near Girth and stabs it through an empty eye socket, piercing the back of the undead's head with his rapier.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move action - Move to F12.

Standard action - Piercing Strike versus S1 with rapier.

Piercing Strike (S1) (1d20 7=20, 1d10 4=11)

Hits Reflex 20 for 11 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue 1
Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +16
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:11 -- Speed:6
HP:24/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:4/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers-
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Torturous Strike
Predatory Eye

Blinding Barrage

Full character sheet[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
Girth calmly ignores the skeleton attacking him, merely quietly murmuring "Thank you sir Hrav". But his eyes goggle as the blazing skeleton attacks him.

"Hm! You, trussed up like a chicken I thought I had. Sorted now you must be!"

Dim, almost invisible dark tendrils flash from Girth's fingertips to surround the blazing skeleton.
[sblock=OOC]I though he was immobilized by my last attack? Anyway I attack with Vampiric Embrace. Rolled 15 vs his already weakened Will. 17 necrotic damage if I hit and I gain 5 temp HP (again only on a hit) Roll Lookup Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Remove ads