• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

covaithe

Explorer
"Suck it up, Brudd! Ye're not goin' to get beat by a moldy sack o' bones, not today!" Quagmire roars, cutting viciously at the skeleton in front of him and sending it collapsing into a pile of mouldering dust. He then darts backwards, preparing to encircle the skeleton near Hrav.

[sblock=actions]Minor: inspiring word on Brudd, heals an extra 1d6=1 hp. Sigh.
Standard: Viper's strike on D5, hits AC 21 for 8 damage. I assume this dusts it.
Move: to F20, not provoking OAs.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quagmire stat block]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:13, Will:14 -- Speed:5
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +6, and grants nearby allies +2 to initiative
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Wolf Pack Tactics, Viper's Strike, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Wordx2, Hobgoblin Resilience, Bastion of Defense
[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
Brudd lets out an unmistakably tauran bellow as the flames eat away at his fur.

"Boss give me strength te break some bones!" He roars and is once more covered in dark light which laps at his wounds.

He then strikes out at a nearby skeleton (D8) shattering its brittle bones and then strikes at the other next to him (D2) causing it to explode in a shower of bone shards.

As the Minotaur's appears again amidst the bone dust the fires that burned upon him fade away to nothing as he steps next to Alex breathing heavily with a fire smouldering in his eyes.

"Thanks Quagmire mate, lets make us some bonemeal." He growls bastard sword raised menacingly.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Healing Word Healing Word (1d6+3=8) for a total of 15 + 8 from Quagmire, should put Brudd at 23 after the 5 fire damage.
Strike at D8 using the role from when I thought Brudd would get Ferocity, same bonus, etc.
Strike at D2 using action point.
1d20+7=18, 1d10+5=9
Succesfully makes his save vs ongoing fire damage.
Save (1d20=19)
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Quagmire helps keep Brudd on his feet while felling a weak skeleton, and the minotaur heals himself further before destroying 2 more skeletons himself.

-S1 moves forward but can't reach anyone to attack. S2 steps forward and slices into Hrav again for 10 more damage, leaving the bugbear bleeding and injured.

-The Blazing Skeleton generates another orb of flame and hurls it at Brudd once more. This time though, its aim is poor and Brudd easily dodges the incoming attack. The fiery undead then moves up the stairs to the aftcastle, keeping more room between it and the oncoming adventurers.
[sblock=Inits & Status]22-Quagmire
18-Brudd 23/28 HP
17-S1 18 damage
17-S2
13-D1 dead
13-D2 dead
13-D3 dead
13-D4 dead
13-D5 dead
13-D6 dead
13-D7 dead
13-D8 dead
10-Blazing Skeleton
09-Hrav 6/26 HP
08-Girth
05-Alexander

S2 attacks Hrav AC (1d20+10=18, 1d20+2=10)
Blazing Skeleton Flame Orb vs. Brudd's Reflex (1d20+8=9, 2d4+4=9)[/sblock]
attachment.php

Attachments

• CC E6 Skull and Bones4.JPG
    CC E6 Skull and Bones4.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 196

The Digger

First Post
Just before Hrav reacts to the ongoing situation, an accented voice rumble in his ear.

"Wounded you are, my friend. Go you must. This bag of bones will taste the fury of my Lady."

[sblock=OOC]Are skeletons vumberable to radiant damage?[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
"A little help here?" Hrav calls out. He then stabs his rapier at the skeleton who just whacked him good, then carefully steps away and attempts to gather hiimself.

[sblock=Mechanics]Standard action - Torturous Strike versus S2 with rapier.

Torturous Strike against S2 (1d20 7=22, 2d10 8=13)

Hits AC 22 for 13 damage.

Move action - Shift to G17.

Spending an action point!

Standard action - Second Wind to recover 6 HP, plus 2 to all defenses until the end of Hrav's next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue 1
Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +16
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:11 -- Speed:6
HP:12/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:5/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers-
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Torturous Strike
Predatory Eye

Blinding Barrage

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander turns around hearing Hrav's call, checks on Brudd, who looks better, and runs to help the bugbear. He attacks the skeleton too hastily, but manages to get in good position to prevent the monster to reach his companions Try and pass me, bunch of bones! he growls, then, without turning: Girth! Support Brudd!

[sblock=actions]move to G18; I rolled 1 on the attack WTH; S2's marked[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
Brudd shakes off his ire for a moment to survey the battlefield and mutters, "Power to a point."

With that the Minotaur surges forward and charges the skeleton harrying Hrav and Girth. His blade strikes true, if barely, and bone shards fly as the minotaur growls.

"We need te concentrate our efforts fellas, lets break out the marrow 'n' use it te feed the fishes! hrav might need a little help te be around fer that boss, care te lend a hand?"

Dark light surrounds Hrav's wounds and the ripples sooth away the woprst of the Bugbear's injuries.

[sblock=Hit 18, Damage 13, Hrav regains 12 HP]My cut and paste is not working please check last rolls under Brudd.

Move to H16, charge to H18 (standard), minor Healing word on Hrav.[/sblock]

OOC: Wow only hit because I charged, nice! Skeletons are vulnerable to radiant damage btw Digger.

The Digger

First Post
Realising that everyone was coming to aid Hrav, Girth briefly took in the battlefield situation. With three heroes now attacking the nearest skeleton, and the other skeleton seemingly injured, the greatest danger now seemed to be the magic user at the back of the boat.

Skipping with glee “Oh my Lady will love this one” Girth raced along the deck, and, flailing his arms in the air, screamed out an almost soundless scream. There was a flicker in the skies and the sun dimmed for a heartbeat, before a barely visible cage of sparkly light sprang up around the burning skeleton.

[sblock=OOC]Move to H12: Cast Dread Star vs Will: 24 to hit; 15 Radiant damage and target is immobilized till end of my next turn. Also takes -2 to Will defence (save ends)[/sblock][sblock=OOC]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1807417/[/sblock]

With that he took a deep breath and smiled malevolently at the nearer undead.

“Don’t worry my friend, I haven’t forgotten you.”

With unbelievable speed the Eldarin weaved his fingers into another attack pattern and unleashed another pulse of light at his new opponent. A pulse of cold, dark light.

[sblock=OOC]Dire Radiance vs Fort: probably a miss (12) however if it should hit it does 6 damage http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1807421/, and another 8 if he should come nearer to me on his turn Roll Lookup - Oops! Forgot this is Radiant also so +5 to each possibly [/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=Polymorph back in the game?]
* Crawls down from wall in goofy tight costume *

With unbelievable speed the Eldarin weaved his fingers into another attack pattern and unleashed another pulse of light at his new opponent. A pulse of cold, dark light.
Girth didn’t change race from half-elf while I was looking away, did he?

* THWIP! *

* Swings away on sticky organic fiber *
[/sblock]

Remove ads