• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Okay, due to the immobilization, it won't be able to move forward and attack Brudd but from what I see in the PHB it can still save itself from going over the edge. Under 'Push, Pull, and Slide' in PHB on the next page (286) it says if you are forced over a precipice or a pit, you can save to keep from falling. Under Immobilized on page 277 someone immobilized 'can't move from their space although the can be forced to move by push, pull, or slide.' They aren't completely paralyzed as they are still able to attack or take other actions, so I think they would still be able to grab to keep themselves from falling over the edge.

I'll modify the above to remove that 8 damage from S1 so Brudd should be able to remain conscious even after taking the ongoing 5 fire damage if he used the healing word during last round to heal that 4 damage.

The Digger

First Post
Girth looks the nearest tub of bones cooly in the eye socket. "Hmm! Need dealing with you do. Urgent business here we have."

With that he cursed and then called down the wrath of his Lady on the skeleton. Without further ado he then skipped back out of reach.

[sblock=OOC]Warlock's Curse (Minor) on D6 (or D7 if Hrav kills D6).
Attack: Dire Radiance on D6 vs Fort 17; 6 Radiant damage: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1800944/
If I hit and damage, and skeleton is still 'alive' I will do Curse damage of 3: Roll Lookup
Move: Shift to H17: If I hit and he is still there and moves closer on his turn he takes 9 Radiant damage: Roll Lookup [/sblock]

garyh

First Post
"How do shambling heaps of bones get the jump on me?" Hrav complains. He then stabs his rapier at a particularly flimsy-looking skeleton, then steps away from the remaining undead engaging him.

[sblock=Mechanics]Standard action - Piercing Strike versus D6 with rapier.

Piercing Strike (1d20 7=17, 1d10 4=12)

Hits Reflex 17 for 12 damage.

Move action - Shift to H18.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue 1
Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +16
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:11 -- Speed:6
HP:16/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:6/8
Action Points: 2, Second Wind: not used
Powers-
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Torturous Strike
Predatory Eye

Blinding Barrage

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:by the way, phoenix, I think we should have fresh action points...?

Alexander moves to help Brudd, disregarding the Skeleton in front of him. He steps behind the decrepit skeleton threatening Brudd, and attacks it with a mighty swing of the sword. Unfortunately, he manages to hit only the void spaces among the bones...

[sblock=actions] move to G13; provokes OA from D6; standard:Tide of Iron on D2;
10 vs Ac, 8 dmg WTH!
D2 is marked[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 1
Initiative:+1 Passive perception:18 Passive Insight:12
AC:19 For:17 Ref:14 Will:13
HP:35/35 Bloodied:17 Surges value:8 Surges/day:8/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:1 Second Wind:1
Basic Attack: +8 vs AC, 1d8+4
Opportunity attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+4
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron
Covering Attack
Comeback strike[/sblock]

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Atanatotatos: S1 should actually be in H10 immobilized until Brudd's turn. I don't think we have passed a milestone for more action points since we were able to take short rests between battles. So I don't think you should need to take any OAs.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: You do indeed have another action point as you did the scorpion battle and the kobold battle and have not had an extended rest yet. I know Girth napped a little after his drinking, but it wasn't long enough for an extended rest.

Edit:Atanatotatos, please revise your action as skeleton S1 wasn't there to hit Brudd in the first place. I've edited the map above to correct that mistake. I didn't know that Turn Undead immobilzed them. So you can choose a new target and not have to risk an OA if you don't want to.

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
OOC: Yes sorry my bad, I should have been much clearer with the effects of Turn Undead - I guess I will know for next time. :D Ohhh, we have an action point? Nice.

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Hrav cuts down one skeleton and shifts back and aside. (D6 dead)

-Girth uses his magic to bring down the other weak skeleton just beyond the mast. (D7)

-Alexander moves to aid Brudd, no longer having to worry about being hit as he moves away from the skeleton that Hrav dropped. The skeleton he swings at catches his strike on its sword though, keeping itself undamaged so far.

-Quagmire can go...

attachment.php

Attachments

• CC E6 Skull and Bones3.JPG
    CC E6 Skull and Bones3.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 151

Remove ads