• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=whoa!]Digger, are you going to multiclass Girth into a paladin? :D[/sblock]

Alexander turns to Girth, forgetting the latest delay in his mission, his face showing his surprise and says, in a low, but firm voice: Girt, my friend! I'm deeply moved by your speech! But keep your money. It's not important. I'll have a better weapon soon.
But, hear my words, I'll remember your gesture. I swear on Hadeys, keeper of oaths, that my shield will never fail you in battle. May it be an Aegis in front of you. My sword or whatever weapon I may wield will thunder over your enemies.

The Digger

First Post
Girth's career plan -[sblock=Decisions, decisions!]My original thought was that Girth may multi to wizard - possibly Blood Mage. Please note that I have no plans, at all, to optimize/min-max Girth. He will purely go with the role-play opps; but the pain thing about Blood Mage attracted Girth quite seriously.

I intended also to go Ritual Caster at some point - heading for oracular rituals - hence his recent activities.

But now that At. has mentioned Paladin, something that had never crossed my mind, I now find myself drawn to Astral Weapon as a possible Paragon Path. I know this is very early in his career but I would appreciate any input or suggestions.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
After finishing up and leaving orders for the other workers to continue in his absence, Thorandin and half a dozen other dwarves follow the group back to the Bloody Wake to set sail once more.

Following the dwarf's map, the journey is indeed a short one and before long, the party is looking at a half sunken ship broken on a reef under the surface of the water. The ship sits at a bit of an angle, but not too steep. The deck of the ship should be reachable via the ladder built into the side of the ship. The lower deck must be very flooded for the ship to be sitting as low as it is. The rowboat is readied and dropped into the water as the ship itself can't get close enough to transfer directly from one ship to the other. Captain Azrael says he'll stay here with the ship and keep an eye on these dwarves. Thorandin reminds you that the chest with the gems in it is a bright red lacquered chest about one foot square on all sides.

garyh

First Post
Once in the rowboat and away from the Bloody Wake, Hrav turns to his companions. "Given that Thorandin brought his pals, I don't think we'll be able to pull what we did on the dragonborn. We might wanna play this one straight."

The Digger

First Post
"Straight! Friend Hrav? Know ye not that nothing is straight, not even the light of sun or star." Girth dipped his staff into the water.

"You see! Look! Even my staff, a gift from my lady, is not straight, even though it appears to be so." He took it back out of the water and demonstrated its straightness.

Girth turned his head, his gaze taking in all of the companions. "Always remember that nothing is straight, nothing is as it seems, all is merely illusion."

He gestured in a furtive manner back to the Bloody Wake. "Just as ye thought that ye might perhaps play this crooked, as ye thought, so might others. Always remember! Always!"

garyh

First Post
"I... I think I understood that," Hrav tells his half-elf friend. "So we should be on the watch for the dwarf double-crossing us? Good advice, Girth, very good advice."

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander looks at the scene grinning delightfully. All the while securing the shield to his arm, and unsheating his sword... You never know...

Halford

First Post
Brudd chuckles,

"Yer mem'ry's faulty Hrav we didn't pull anythin' on the Dragonborn 'til she pulled somethin' on us, we were dead professional - so was se, afterwards - right boss?"

The Minotaur looks up and nods conspiratorily.

"I say we keep an eye on the lot of 'em, includin' the Captain. I reckon we could take 'em if it came to it, but we'd be best served doin' it on our own terms if its needed. But for the moment we'd best turn our attentiuons te the task at hand, the world 'as a way of making ye earn what's valuable so keep those weapons at the ready mates."

Atanatotatos

First Post
C'mon mates, let's be professional. They won't try anything. says Alexander, pacifying. ...and if they do give us trouble again I swear I will make that damn dwarf eat his damn hammer! he continues, a bit less calmly.

Halford

First Post
Brudd grins at Alex, and pulls a face sucking in his cheeks and attempting to look stern.

"Brudd me son those who prepare fer the worst get the best." He says in a deep rumbling tone bereft of his usual exuberance.

The Minotaur coughs and returning to his familar tones continues,

"That's what me dad always told me Alex, wise words fer once. Much more useful than me bar tending lessons, lets just say that didn't work out too well, them glasses are expensive."

He snorts,

"In anycase I don't think we need te go lookin' fer trouble 'ere, but we do need te look out fer it. I didn't like the thoughtful expression on the Captain's face when we taught that swindlin' Dragonborn what ye get if ye try te cheat us. Clearly the Cap' ain't too concerned with them pesky morals - he bears watchin' 's all I'm sayin'."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads