• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Chaos Effect updated 10/11/05 Exit the Dungeon + New Players intro

Bront

The man with the probe
If I'm less than 6 away, I'm fine.

Vander will Fire arrows till he the wolves are close, when he will draw shield and warhammer.

Last edited:

Cedious

First Post
Clang looks towards the wolves and stands ready.

ooc:
round one: energy cone (fire) aimed towards the wolves :]
round two: energy missile (fire)
round tree: heavy crossbow

[SBLOCK]
Energy missile
Display: Auditory
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./ level)
Targets: Up to five creatures or objects; no two targets can be more than 15 ft. apart.
Saving Throw: Reflex half or Fortitude half; see text
Power Resistance: Yes
Power Points: 3

Upon manifesting this power, you choose cold, electricity, fire, or sonic. You release a powerful missile of energy of the chosen type at your foe. The missile deals 3d6 points of damage to each creature or object you target, to the maximum of five targets. You cannot hit the same target multiple times with the same manifestation of this power
Fire: A missile of this energy type deals +1 point of damage per die.

Energy Cone
Display: Auditory
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 60 ft.
Area: Cone-shaped spread
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex half or Fortitude half; see text
Power Resistance: Yes
Power Points: 5

Upon manifesting this power, you choose cold, electricity, fire, or sonic. You create a cone of energy of the chosen type, extending outward from your hand, that deals 5d6 points of damage to every creature or object within the area
Fire: A missile of this energy type deals +1 point of damage per die.[/SBLOCK]

8 power points used..... 17 points in total used(for the two battles) ... 15 power points left

Last edited:

sleepystyle

First Post
Wolves... Their howls had been working their way into his dreams for some time before the priest finally woke in a sweat. After some brief fumbling in the dark for his mace, Rashleigh leans out of the tent in his night gown making sure someone else was awake. Addressing whoever was on watch he grumbles, "So are they coming down or just making a nuisance of themselves?"

OOC:
Assuming the answer is yes, Rash will go back inside and pull on his mithral shirt, if there is obviously enough time before they will be at the camp, he will fully dress first.
rnd 1: Cast Sanctuary if I still have it
rnd 2 and 3: Readied attack on any approaching wolf, stay back, move to heal Tamin or Vander as neccessary. I can Cure Serious x2 or Cure Light once if I didn't use a second round of healing before we rested.

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Trying to get a handle on the situation, Tamin gets up and readies his blades. He scans the area quiet, trying to figure out where they're coming from.

Listen +7. Assuming there are a lot of them and that they'll be surrounded, Tamin will stay close to the group so that he can't be flanked and so the cleric can help him stay up. He'll stay on full defense (+4 dodge AC) or move until he can make a full attack on one of them. I don't know whose watch it was, so I don't know if I have my armor on, so I dont' know what my AC is. Without the full defense it's either 16 or 22 (I'm assuming I can pull on a buckler really quickly but not breastplate).

the chaos effect
segment 034

You hear nothing but the crickets in the night. Some of you involuntarely (sp) jump when an owl hoots nearby. Just as you begin to believe the threat has gone away there comes a loud scrunching and ripping sound in the darkness before you. Wolves howl and cry and can be heard running away.

then silence......

even the crickets have stopped.

Bront

The man with the probe
"I sure hope that wolf likes whatever it caught, for I don't intend to make myself a meal for one." Vander says grimly, bow poised in the direction of the crunching noise.

MadMaxim

First Post
Spike takes up a defensive stance with his enormous greatsword and looks around (he never goes to sleep and is keeping watch all night).

OOC: Total defense action (+4 dodge bonus).

Cedious

First Post
with no need to sleep clang aids in watching all night long with spike,

ooc: clang uses darkvision one of his powers known for 5 hours of the night,

5 power points to use darkvision

Remove ads