The City Arcana [3.5][mature][dark]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
"I have no objection for working together." Dzax says as he walks up to the tavern keeper to get the map. "And this young lady here has a good plan it would seem." He spreads the map infront of all to take a good look of it.

moritheil

First Post
The map shows the northeast outer area of the city, where it borders a mountain range. Since the mountains make military ventures from that direction grossly impractical, that area outside town is considered fairly safe.

Groves dot the landscape and a small stream flows through it. All the captured women and children were known to be headed towards places along the stream - washing, bathing, getting water, or playing.

Attachments

• arcanamap2.PNG
    arcanamap2.PNG
    6.3 KB · Views: 192

Drowned Hero

First Post
Syut looks at the map 'questions' 'did all the children and women leave the city by the same route?, that would make the tracking easier' 'how many are the kidnapped?, would hate to know after finding them that we miss one or two' 'and squirrels? arent that those small animal living in threes?' 'we maybe should be looking up if we get into a wood'.
Syut takes another look at the map 'i suggest we start looking at the nearest spot and work our way east' 'must be on this side of the river bank as i cant se or remember any bridge over the rivers'

moritheil

First Post
Greely nods. "Five missing: two women, three children. No information on whether they took the same route.

"As for the squirrels, your guess is as good as mine as to whether that's important."

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Grimm offers a belated introduction, "Name's Grimm Spellsmith."

Looking at the map, he grumbles in dwarven, "Bloody river. Figures."

In common, he states, "Well, looks like we're going to the river then."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Sayida took one last look at the map, then around at the others. "I cannot think of a better time to begin than now. Let us go to the river, and see what traces we can find." She paused for just a moment, then added "If all the victims were women and children, and no adult males have been targeted, I have another idea. Perhaps when we get to the area, I could be seen to walk apart from the rest of the group- far enough that whatever is doing this might mistake me as being as harmless as I appear. The rest could follow, at reasonable distance, ready to step in if something happens. If it does not work, the idea costs us very little- and if those responsible are not too clever, it might be useful..."

moritheil

First Post
Nodding at the group and at the serving girl, Greely makes his exit, and the few disinterested present follow him out.

The serving girl hovers by the door for a moment longer, a pensive expression on her face.

OOC Sense Motive checks. I suggest using invisiblecastle for rolls.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Dzax is pondering about the Sayida's plan so intently that he isn't paying much attention to things going on around him. "It's worth the try." He finally answers.

1d20+2=9

Remove ads