• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The City Arcana [3.5][mature][dark]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
If you feel brave enough to do that, we would definetly appreciate you guiding us. Dzax answers to the girl. His way of speaking is quickly making apparent that he is a well educated man.

He turns to regard Sayida. A little impatient are we? But you are right, we should be on our way as soon as possible.

moritheil

First Post
Eliza looks at Dzax. "Oh, I couldn't possibly go with you into the cave - I don't exactly know where it is, and I'd only get in the way. I can show you to where we were washing, though. You'll be there to protect me, so I'm sure that will be fine. Just let me get my things and tell the others so I'm not scolded for skipping out on work."

So saying, she exits the room and returns in a few minutes with a basket of clothes.

[sblock=Syut ONLY]She seems to have a great deal of confidence in adventurers.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Drowned Hero

First Post
Teal walks back to the table and sits slowly. "So, it looks as though we have a place to start."

'Seems so...' 'and in very good company' he says to Teal with a grin eying the cute girl as she go for her things.
'I think i should take the point in the search' 'im quite good at it' he looks on the other members of the group 'i see a fighter in Teal, and a healer of some sort in Dzax, am i right Dzax? of same profession as Sayida maybe? and Mr. Dwarf must be a wizard of some sort' 'Grimm maybe you can conjure me some ale when we done with this?' 'yeah i guess im the sneaky one in this group' Syut tries to make conversation with his new friends to feel them out.

moritheil

First Post
Eliza leads the party out of the city, past towering stone structures and crenellated defensive towers. Men-at-arms stand out at every major junction, and the hustle and bustle indicate that the city is filled to bursting with refugees. The gate guards advise you to return before dark, and a few nod familiarly, perhaps seeing kinship in the work of adventurers and soldiers.

Once past the gates, there are hours of walking. It seems that even though part of the stream runs up to the city itself, the exigencies of war have led to a great deal in the way of security measures. Roving elementals, steep banks, and protective wards make it either impossible or unsafe to linger on the shores or use the water closest to the city.

Eliza has selected a basket with ropes that can be worn over the back, not unlike a pack, and she says little on the way there, attempting to remember as closely as possible where she was that day. Finally she turns away from the path and leads you along a small dirt track to a grassy shore. A few washerwomen are already here, scrubbing and beating out their laundry.

"This is the place," the maid says. "Thank you for seeing me safely here. I will do laundry together with these other women from the city, and return with them. There should be a cave nearby. I hope you find those poor children!"

Drowned Hero

First Post
Syut wink to the girl 'thank you' 'maybe we se each other another day?' without waiting reply he starts searching for footprints on the river side and watching the landscape if any obvious cave is to be sen in the area.

Search 1d20+6=18

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Grimm prepares for trouble, weaving magical armor around himself and loading his crossbow, keeping it in hand as the group searches for the cave.

OOC: Casting mage armor.

Remove ads