D&D 5E The City of Is'Merith

Sezarious

Explorer
Hi all. Sooooo sorry. If any of you ever get busy or feel guilty about not posting in awhile like i did, don't worry! Just come back when you can! Once again really sorry. I've had a crazy couple of weeks. Life gets in the way.

Matthan

Explorer
No worries. I'm coming off a crazy time myself (and this week is looking much the same). What I would like to know is if there is something that we as players can do to help? Is there a particular plot that would be easier or more exciting for us to chase down for you? Is there anyway we can help carry some of the load?

Sezarious

Explorer
Well. I try not to railroad my players too much, but if you were intending to follow Tro'Leeras last suggestion to wait until the end of the week when you have developed fake id's before infiltrating the city, that would take pressure off me. It would stress me out because i'd be torn between not changing things and letting you guys walk in to get captured or softening things and running the risk of ruining immersion. I want to make infiltration of the inner ring as scary as the sand goblins or worse.

Context maybe? It's commonplace to see heavily guarded FAS inquisitors surrounded by 4+ armed guards in full plate. These inquisitors are all outfitted with gems of true seeing, which is why any disguises used must be non-magical. They have other magical items too, but this varies per inquisitor. They capture you, they dungeon you, torture you, brand you, then send you to the arena, where you fight until you die.

The reason the thieves guild is so competant in dealing with and evading FAS is that it is rumored to have access to have powerful magics itself (at least, anti-divination stuff), but at the same time, makes use of good old fashioned bribes with guards, false id's, conventional disguises, deception and all other things a thief is good at. Just be aware that this city is very dense and is crammed full of a variety of dangers. Sometimes you MAY run into things above your level. I will give you ample warning. Other times you might bump into potemtially benevolent beings such as the dryad you want to meet And may gain an ally. I could go on, but you get what i'm saying. You don't ALWAYS have to follow the flow of the narrative, especially if it's against your character's beliefs, but you can.

Last edited:

Matthan

Explorer
My perspective is that it is everyone's job to help everyone have fun (including the DM). At that point, it isn't railroading because we would be choosing to do things to intentionally help you enjoy the game more. Anyway, it wasn't my plan to infiltrate the Inner City yet. I just drew attention to the dryad because I wanted to visit her when we get there.

I think in character the most pressing goal is for Alejandro to check on Nora. If during that, we get a sense that we need more resources that could lead us back the guild jobs to get some cash and experience before the Inner City adventure.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Hey all. Really sorry for the hold-up here- I'm just having a wicked case of writer's/creative block. I'll try to get something up in the next day or so, but for now assume that Mina is following along, trying to maintain an emotionless facade, acting like this doesn't bother her (and failing miserably, even aided by her veil, since she botched her Deception check).

Last edited:

Sezarious

Explorer
Thanks for saying hi! I know what it feels like. All good. Razorblades on the brain I say! We'll try and get into some combat soon to get people going Soon...

Remove ads