• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The City Under the Mountain - A D&D 5E Adventure!

Over on Kickstarter, there's an adventure (it only asks for £60 total) which is the third part of a series. This adventure is called The City Under the Mountain, and it follows on from a previous Kickstarters for an adventure called "Beneath the Razor's Edge". This series is by a guy called Michael Stutt out of Newcastle upon Tyne. It has 5 days to go, and has raised £366 of its £60 goal, making it possibly the smallest RPG Kickstarter I've ever seen! (Thanks to benensky for the scoop).

Over on Kickstarter, there's an adventure (it only asks for £60 total) which is the third part of a series. This adventure is called The City Under the Mountain, and it follows on from a previous Kickstarters for an adventure called "Beneath the Razor's Edge". This series is by a guy called Michael Stutt out of Newcastle upon Tyne. It has 5 days to go, and has raised £366 of its £60 goal, making it possibly the smallest RPG Kickstarter I've ever seen! (Thanks to benensky for the scoop).

photo-original.jpg

benensky

Explorer
Not Complaining Just Endorsing!

Sorry! Forgot to thank you in the post. I'll add it in now; but you have to promise to stop calling me "Morris". :)

I think we've given him his biggest day yet, according to Kickstraq.

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining! Just wanted to give and endorsement. The reference was just to show how important it was to me.

PS - Sorry about the Morris'

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's an odd Kickstarter usage. No promotion, no updates, no stretch goals, no addons, no comments, no community engagement, nothing. He could easily have gotten a few thousand from that Kickstarter by just doing a few basic things. I don't think I've ever seen an RPG Kickstarter that small, especially a 5E one. But he's just started it and then left it to run by itself.

I wish him all the best, but he really should spent $10 of his earnings this time on Monte Cook's PDF about how to manage a successful RPG Kickstarter. He'd make that $10 back a thousandfold with his next project. A well-run Kickstarter is a full-time job!

I'm glad to see he's funded! I wonder if he even noticed the big jump the last couple,of days?

Arcadian Games

First Post
Hi everyone,

Just like to thank you for your interest in my project on KS. I've just noticed this thread today as I've been suffering with life's distractions so I thought I would introduce myself. Thanks for all your comments - especially about promoting Kickstarts. TBH I'm pretty new to this form of marketing so didn't really know about what ways there are to get it about. I will certainly look up that pdf you mentioned.

As you say, its not a large affair but I never really expected it to be - just wanted something to cover the six months or so its taken to write the modules. Nevertheless, learning how to increase exposure can only help. I did certainly notice a large spike in the sales of it yesterday and I would like to thank anyone who has been generous enough to support it - it makes the work worthwhile.

Special thanks to Michael Benensky for drawing some attention to it all.

Anyway thanks again - toodle pip!

Mike

Remove ads

Remove ads